Terri of Krafti Korner and Lisa of Bellalistona. Thanks, ladies for choosing to spend some time here with me. Please take a visit to each of these lovely blogs, and be inspired with some beautiful works.
Now onto the cards for the very first Rudolph Day Challenge of 2014. If you can join in the fun, please be sure to check out the Rules posted at the top of Sarn's blog, as these are just a bit different from last year's. Sarn's always trying to help us get more motivated. I know it worked for me! (psst... we have to share 2 cards, but just one post..so check it out). I hope I got it right!!!
I did this stamp & diecut last year, so I don't remember the stamp company. Die is a S/B label die. DI ink around the edge, copic coloring, spica highlighting, and some Flower Soft on the fur hat.
Mat is a snippet from Cottage Cutz Cardinal die.
Red velvet square also a snippet from a future project
that will be posted soon. It's a cut-out from a larger piece, saving on layering.
Scallop punched trim from a 6x6 Pebbles Welcome Christmas, tiny trees punched from lightweight glitter paper snippet with an MS punch.
Tiny red rhinestones added on the holly in the diecut. Copic holly berries were a bust, so covered with rhinestones, looked much better!
Close up of the owls...don't you just love the way the eyes cut towards each other. (My DH & I do that a lot! Not just at Christmas either!!!)
- Background was a Dylusions sprays gone wrong. First heat embossed some snowflakes with white EP, then used various Dylusions sprays in the blue family. Didn't like the effect, but kept it - just thinking about it. Decided to stamp the sprayed piece again with Versamark Frost & Champagne withlarger snowflakes, heat embossed with Ranger Tinsel Snowflake. Was careful with the placement of these stampings, because I had decided I would use a Ritz glitter center border (this covered some of the earlier embossing boo-boos from the 1st go-round.*). Used Sookwang double sided paper to cut a border to size; after adhering to the background, sprinkled Glitter Ritz Deep Purple (which I thought was a cobalt blue until I was checking the description!). I have other blues, but this was the deep contrast I wanted for this. Burnished the glitter as instructions say, then using a snippet of mirror c/s, diecut a PBlack Peace. Ran this through the small Xyron, and tried to place it evenly on the border. Still had room on my silver scrap to cut out these Impression Obsession Snowflakes (IO-Die024-X) - so more snippets from that particular piece. It's trash. The glass snowflake embellie- lower left atop the embossed snowflake - is the last from a Hero Arts pack of gems, so now the cellophane packet will get tossed. So that's my last snippet on this one! *initially stamped the Versamark on white Mixed Media paper & it was impossible to see on the white paper where the previous inking had been; on Mixed Media, it doesn't show glossy as it will on regular c/stock. I had overlapped several of images without realizing what I had done. Of course when I heat embossed the EP, the overlaps did not look good AT ALL! I was able to cover the mess-up with the glitter border, and I quite like how this finally turned out. Lesson Learned: Don't just toss a screw up immediately. Think about how it can be salvaged. My initial thought was just to use areas that weren't messed up for punches or trims.
I had said brevity was going to be a goal on my posts, but Golly Gosh, I had to tell you what I used! I hope that when I confess to my mistakes, it will help someone else avoid the same thing! Hope you like these 2 cards, and now I'm off to link up. Isn't often I can make cards work in more than one challenge!
Linking to Rudolph Day January 2014
and Week 109 over at the Crafty Snippets Playground
Come on & join in the fun. There's prizes at both of these places.
Thanks for joining me on a sunny, somewhat warmer afternoon. Hugs