Happy Monday morning Friends. We have sunshine, but the wind is really whistling around the corners of our house. Our predicted night temp has changed from 12F to 8F now. Brrrrr...I know that lots of you are having even worse. 8F is pretty cold for our SC Upstate area though.
I'd like to extend a big welcome to some new followers, and thank you so much for helping me reach a goal of 200 followers.
Verna at VA's Creative Clutter - a very brand new blogger who is gaining followers rapidly
Jenny at Jenfa Cards
Holly at KopyKat Creations
Please do yourself a large Monday favor and say Hi to these very awesome cardmakers. They each have some amazing cards to provide you with lots of inspiration. Thanks ladies for becoming followers.
I finally finished the Valentine card that I started while we were in Fla. (got the image part colored & messed up on part of it).**
- image is Red Lead Paperworks on Xpress paper, colored with copics & spica glitter pens. The hanging heart had letters, which were colored in with a white signo pen & got messy; I used a .03 black multiliner pen to try to outline & fix which just made it worse. Tried a fine point sharpie over that...yep, just got worse again. SO...I restamped the heart part of the image,-a snippet of white; cut it out & Versamark inkpad over that, then used some Sparkle n Sprinkle Winter Berry EP to emboss it. Liked that, so while it was still 'hot', I sprinkled more of the EP and gave a 2nd coat. Good way to fix a boo-boo. I used an embossing pen over the apron trim and sprinkled some SnS Crystal Ice Semi-transparent glitter over the pink that had been colored. Not sure if this shows up in the photo.
- diecut with S/B labels 4, smudged edges with DI Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose. Faux mat cut from a white snippet, removing the interior part of the cut piece. Used the embossing pen around the edges, Winter Berry EP over that - adds some pretty glitz.
- hearts were also snippets from punches that had just been in the desk pile. Smudged on some Tombow glue, dumped SnS Diamond Dust semi-transparent glitter over that.
- Roses were leftover from a Halloween pkg that had white & black paper roses. Sprayed these with Dylusions Bubblegum & Cherry Pie sprays that had been diluted with White Linen. Added the red rhinestone heart.
- MS heart punch from a blue snippet that was exactly the right size to fit the width of the card, and cover up the join. This had some of the SnS Crystal Ice glitter added to it, but it's not showing up in the photo.
- top dp sprayed with Dylusions Bubble Gum- diluted with white linen, Postbox Red-diluted with water only, Cherry Pie - diluted with water only. Sprayed Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold over that, let the piece dry well. Then stamped a Northwoods heart stamp over using Memento Love Letter (Red). Bottom dp is Basic Gray Kneehighs 6x6 pack.
- ribbon trim some sticky back ribbon from a $1 pack collected along my travels.
Since I have a few snippets used, I'm going over to the Snippets Playground for Week 106 since I haven't had a chance to join in the fun for a few weeks. I hope you'll come along for a lot of fantastic inspiration and friendly chat. I'll be back in a bit to share some more of the pretty cards we received. In the meantime, thanks for your visit & support, and stay warm! Many Hugs.
**Edited: I just discovered since I've used some of the Sparkle n Sprinkle glitters & EP, that I could link up with the SnS Monthly Challenge here . Wow, there's some really pretty cards already submitted, in case you have time to take a peek. I bought a lot of the glitters & EP's on our last visit to the shop, so I want to learn how to use them much more effectively. And more often!