Happy Sunday & Welcome. Today's challenge theme at the Christmas Club is Black & white plus one other color, and chosen by our Miss Karen P. The Christmas Card Club is a group of ladies who have a challenge every 2 weeks (or fortnight as is the British terminology). So here's my card for this challenge:
- 2006 Stampendous stamp inked with Colorbox white pigment ink, stamped & embossed with Hero Arts White embossing powder. Die cut with Opulent Ovals (S5-160).
- B&W mat cut with next larger size of Opulent Ovals. This background was created with white cardstock & black Pan Pastel stenciling, set with a fixative spray. (Reminder: use this spray in a well ventilated area).
- outer black mat created by tracing outline of the previous die and hand cutting (faux mat).
- card front is from a 6x6 Authentique Irresistible collection - which consists of black & white pattern papers.
- Joanna Sheen Britannia sentiment dies - & red glitter ribbon. Red Rhinestones (for + one other color).
This was a challenge for me, as I had never made a black & white Christmas card before..so a bit out of my comfort zone. It was fun though.
Edit: Thanks to Miss Lynn for suggesting that this Black & White + one other color be submitted over at Digi Haven for their color challenge. I did it! What nice folks blogging friends are...they have your back and isn't that great?
Thanks for your visit today. I hope it's a beautiful afternoon where you may be in the world. Hugs.