Hi there and thanks for joining me this afternoon. A very special fella in my life celebrated a big milestone birthday yesterday (70) and here's the card I made for him. (he likes trucks, and has been trying to get me to buy this stamp every where that we saw it. I couldn't tell him we already had it, as I had intended it for his birthday card. Well, I had another card that I was going to use if this one didn't get finished in time).
- Impression Obsessions image, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored with copics on a snippet of Xpress paper. The chrome on the truck has silver Spica pen & silver Wof Stella over it. The rusty places on the truck were covered with E41 and do look a little 'rusty' IRL, but not showing well in the photo.
- Grass is cut from snippets of different greens (3 layers) - using Impression Obsession dies - and the front bit where the different colors show, is from overspray waste paper. I liked the patterns that were created and thought this looks like some of the dried grass we see in our area during the fall, when the grass is dying off. If you look closely, to the left side - you'll see where there is a branch image from some overspray.
- die cut main image using MFT pierced rectangle. Mat is a black snippet.
- S/B lattice die trim from snippet of orange, as was the Elizabeth Craft sentiment. Outlined the letters with a black spica pen.
- Background was created by using liquid pearls in mint green and gold, just blobbing it on the paper, twisting into the blobs with a piece of plastic wrap. This created some texture, then let that dry. Used DI Rusty Hinge, Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Spice Marmalade to sponge on more color to the dried Liquid Pearls, spritzed with water. I had seen a Youtube by Cropstop showing this technique, and it looked interesting so I tried it. Quite liked the effect. Didn't keep the link, so you may be able to find it by searching Youtube for Cropstop, Liquid Pearls. I was just browsing and stumbled on it.
Hope your day is going well. We have some outside chores to try to do today, plus a repairman to wait upon. Yesterday was rainy but warmer than today's sunshine & cooler temps. At least we didn't get snow as some of our northern states did. Thanks again for joining me, and I'll do my best to get around to visit as soon as I can. Life is just rather busy at the moment; I expect it is for you as well. Hugs