Hey there & welcome. Today's card is for a blogging friend who is dealing with some tough times in her life, and I hope the roses on this card will bring comfort & let her know many of us in Blogland are praying hard for her healing just now.
- Sweet Impressions Stamp (U7066-II) image done on Xpress colored with copics. Die cut with a Sizzix indented rectangle-657569, edged with DI Broken China.
- DCWV Green cork paper mat (4.5x6.5 mat stack) done with the next size up of the Sizzix set, center portion cut out. This cork paper is a bit on the 'heavy' side.
- Elizabeth Craft sentiment. Cut 3 layers of white snippet c/stock, glued together, then colored with BG0000, G0000, G00, and finally YG03. The 3 layers give a bit of dimension. Had intended to leave the lettering white, but decided I liked it better colored.
- red twine, rhinestone trim on bow.
- Card base is World Win paper - a lovely texture to it. Scored edge done with a Scor Buddy.
Yesterday our temperature reached 83F. It was a lovely sunny day, blue skies but think we went from winter to summer all in one day. It was so pleasant to have the house open & airing out. We need to sweep off the front porch, rehang the swing, which we took down last fall, and covered with a tarp. The winter weather plays havoc with the wood finish that DH has already redone once and made it look new again. He assured me he wasn't doing that chore again.
Ya'll have a lovely day. Come again when you have time to set a spell. Although I don't know how to make a good mint julep (that's what Southerners used to offer their visitors - LOL), we can promise something cold to sip on, as we watch the neighbors drive by & wave as we swing back n forth. Hugs.