Hello and Welcome! This afternoon's card has a technique done by Jennifer McGuire called Distress Ink Lifting. Finally had a chance to try this, and while my technique is not as polished as Jennifer's, I was pleased with the final result. There's a new CAS Mix Up Challenge for June, so I'm hoping this will work for that challenge.
- Inked an old wooden block hydrangea with versamark, heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum on white cardstock. Direct to paper with DI Blueprint Sketch....lots of ink...many times going over the piece. When it would dry, it looked way too light to me, for any lifting to be apparent. Then used DI Wilted Violet a couple of times, still not dark enough, so back over with Seedless Preserves. This finally looked dark enough to try to lift some ink.
- aqua brush touched to petals, leaves, lifting, blotting, until some of the color was removed.
- Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frames die cut the frame, which was embossed with the liquid platinum. This die was not long enough so extended the cut by moving the die before reaching the 'end' of it, reversing the die to get the length required, and finished the cut. Then embossed. Frame adhered over the inked cardstock.
- white card front EF is a Darice dots. Tiny tag is an Mini Square Tags Die Set by Impression Obsession, stamped with Hero Arts Wet Cement using an old wooden block stamp that just fits the dies in this IO set.
- Pretty Pink Posh 4mm clear droplets added and called it finished. Hope you like this. I think I shall try this technique again, with some of the other DI darker colors. I really liked the liquid platinum embossing with the dark blue-purple.
Thanks for joining me this afternoon. Hope you'll join in at June's CAS Mix Up Challenge. Hugs