HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
Welcome on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. It's rather warm here, but low humidity, so it's pleasant outside. It's been quiet here at our house, as Father has done what he pleased (which is napping - with no interruption from annoying phone calls).
Here's a card, which I hope will work for the June CAS Mix Up Challenge.
This card also has snippets - 2 efforts...tried sprinkling water droplets on the first one, and it looked terrible! So repeated the efforts, left off the water sprinkles.
- PB Efflorescence flowers stamped with WOW embossing ink, heat embossed Stampendous Pearl white. (I'm finding this WOW embosser is giving me better results than the Versamark pads. Not sure if perhaps the Versamark pads need a good reinking).
- Sponged the piece with DI Iced Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Victorian Rose; the V. Rose was not dark enough, so came back over that with Picked Raspberry, liked that better. Some **Nuvo Mother of Pearl Mousse** was rubbed very lightly over this and added some lovely glimmer.
- fussy cut flowers from the water spattered piece, and popped this atop the flowers in this piece (a snippet from the inside of the die cut Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frames - the smaller die. Hope this will work as the CAS Mix Up Die Cut requirement!)
- Coutour Creations Marriot Collection Only One EF (used the debossed side, accidently, but like it). I wanted something very simple so as to keep focus on the sponging.
- Wood stamp from 2010 Rubber Soul for the sentiment...stamped in Wow embossing powder on a black snippet, heat embossed with SnS White Detail EP. Stamped this sentiment 3 times thinking I'd gotten it crooked, until I looked at the red rubber...and realized - it's made this way! It's showing 'straight' on the wooden block. Hand trimmed the banner.
Now off to link at June CAS Mix Up, the Snippets Playground (week 234) and Sparkle n Sprinkle's June Anything Goes challenge (but you must use loose glitter, embossing powder, and/or flocking).
**The Nuvo Mousse I have was ordered from SnS, but I didn't find it stocked when I checked the Nuvo supplies at SnS, so I've linked to Oozak, which shows the product.
Thanks for joining me this afternoon, and hope your day has been relaxing and pleasant. Also hope you'll check out some of these challenges, and perhaps join in yourself. Many thanks for the wonderful response to the Summer Blog Dress.
Now I have some lovely visits from sweet commenters that I need to get started, so BIG HUGS!