Good Morning, and it's time again for our bi-weekly Christmas Club to share some cards. This week, Zoe of Stamping Scene selected our theme as Star of Wonder.
It's been a while since I had a little brusho & spray session, so that was my first effort on getting a card ready for this challenge. Used Strathmore 140# water color cardstock, Brusho-s in Cobalt and Ultra Marine Blue. Then added some pearlized spray. Puddled all that around...drizzled some Color Burst Metallic Sky Blue & Amethyst, and finally after playing with all this, spritzed on some Lindy's Starburst Spray - in a dark blue. Sorry, don't remember the name. It was good to play.
Used these backgrounds on both the cards shared today.
- Sue Wilson Wisemen Striplet die cut from one of the brusho backgrounds. Some silvery American Crafts glitter paper backs this. Debated whether to add a little touch of silvery wax paste over the blue, decided I best leave it alone as is.
- Another Sue Wilson border die cut twice from another American Crafts glitter pack, slightly different shade of silver than the one backing the striplet die cut. Think this border is from the SW French Collection.
Didn't have a good space for a sentiment, so used a small silver sticker at the bottom of the die cut.
- Used the darker of the brusho backgrounds to stamp a Hero Arts nativity stamp over the background, heat embossed with Ranger's Queen's Gold.
- Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Rectangle Frame cut from white c/s, heat embossed 2 coats of the Queen's Gold. Placed the frame over this background, and once it was adhered, decided to leave some of the blue showing outside the frame. This is mounted on white craft fun foam.
- Sue Wilson flourish (it's part of one of the border sets, with 3 parts to this die - and I didn't use the cutting edge - so had to hand trim parts of this). Used a white snippet, then heat embossed with 2 coats of Queen's Gold.
- the card front is embossed with a C/B geometric EF, that was used as a cushion when embossing some design paper recently. Having an extra layer of card stock under the dp, keeps the folder from 'tearing' the paper.
Again, not much space for a sentiment, so used a silver sticker, which was colored with gold pens, with a top coat of Wink of Luna Gold.
I do hope you'll check the sidebar for the links to my fellow club members, as I'm sure each will have some awesome cards to share for this challenge. Hope my Star of Wonder is what Zoe had in mind!
Thanks for popping in. Have a wonderful day. Blessings & Hugs.