Caz of Bunnys Bits n Bobs
Sandma of Sandma's Handmade Cards
Cheryl of Cheryls Creative Space
Some of these bloggers are new to Blogland - so I hope you'll have a few minutes to pop over and say Hello, and enjoy some fab inspirations. Some have been blogging for a while, but again, some good inspiration to scroll through the posts. Speaking for myself, I always am inspired by seeing what another card maker has created..(sometimes intimidated too! but in a good way :-} ). Thanks for joining as followers here, and I hope you'll be able to visit when you have time. It's exciting to see new faces in the followers list. When you're a new blogger, it's thrilling when that spot starts to populate. Then when you do have some followers, and no new followers join for a while, it's another big high to see new friends come to visit. I guess all of us feel that way, regardless of how many followers are in that list! It's the best part of blogging, I think, to meet new friends, get to know who they are, what their lives are like, and hear their stories. Anyway, thanks to all of you who come here from time to time.
OK...recently Brenda of Friends Crafting with Friends shared a beautiful card that I just loved, and she explained to me the technique. Well, I'm kinda thick-headed sometimes, so bless her sweet heart, she did a tutorial that shows in pictures, exactly what she'd explained to me. (Hope you'll check out the link, if you didn't already see Brenda's post). I've seen other bloggers making use of Brenda's tutorial. I've been trying to do one, but not use the same flowers I've seen other people using. Well, today's card is part of that effort:
- Still haven't quite got the look I'm going for yet, but this one is going in the mail today, as a family birthday card. I've done a few others, still not quite right to show off this technique, but hey, I'll get there eventually! I think the problem my eye sees with this card, is that there is not enough of the flower colored..due to using the center oval die.
Hope your day is going well. Mr. is off with a neighbor guy, and I only have one thing on my house chore list for today. So I may go downstairs when I finish this post, and do some stamp cleaning & supply put-away. It's a bit cooler so far this morning, from the mid-to-high 90F's we've had this week. We're getting July weather here in June, so July might be brutal in our area.
Thanks for coming by, and have a wonderful day. Also Happy Father's Day to any fathers who might visit here. Big Hugs.
And how do you like the Summer Blog Look? (thanks to the generosity of the sweet lady who helped me with this!!! ♥)
- Penny Black clear Efforescence - stamped with Tuxedo Black, colored with copics in Y and YR shades.
- Just Right Graceful Sentiments - Rich Cocoa
- Lil Inker Stitched Oval die
- Flower petals from stash, come colored with copics.