Followers

9/04/2012

Halloween

Good afternoon, welcome; come right on in! Here's a cute little Stampability House Mouse entitled Witch Way to the Candy. I love these little mice, but I have difficulty at times, getting their fur colored just the shade that I envision. I keep experimenting and one of these days...Used copics to color the image. Diecut with S/B Label 23, die #5, then masked the image with Eclips tape. Keeping the image in the die, airbrushed the background in some BV colors. Airbrushing seems to give me a smoother background. I used my favorite Copic Xpress paper to stamp the image. The design papers were from the Authentique 6x6 Enchanted pack. The sentiment was from an MStewart Adhesive pack I bought last year. The swirls in the corners were from a die cut used in an earlier project. I used a paper punch to get the black dots, put some Glossy Accents on the dots. Last year we used a lot of embellishments that were raised, and the post office didn't like that. (also cost more to mail!). I had seen a tip on a blog about using the Glossy Accents on paper. This makes the dots look more like pearls (one of mine looks a little smushed)..and when it's in the envelope, won't cause a raised surface for the postal folks to feel.

3 comments:

  1. Another spook-tacular Halloween design Mary. I think you have got the fur texture down to a science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how many HM Halloween stamps do you have?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Mary this card is adorable! I love how you colored these little guys, well one you can't see. lol The colors are so rich and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete