Followers

9/11/2012

Thanksgiving

Big Welcome to New Followers...so happy to see you visiting here, and hope you will find something that you enjoy seeing. I expect all of you who have visited recently are glad to see something besides the Halloween images I've been posting lately...think I've gotten enough of my required Halloween cards ready for inserts. Now I need to get started on some Fall/Thanksgiving cards. This is a Penny Black image, believe it's titled Bountiful Harvest, an older cling image. I thought it was a pretty image when I first saw it, still do. It was relatively easy to color also. Of course, I used copics, some spica pens, a white gel pen for some highlights. (And I looked at the coloration on the stamp for highlight placement, by the way! I'm shadow & highlight challenged at times!). Used a Spellbinder die to cut the image, sponged with Antique Linen while still in the die. The background is Paper Studio textured, embossed with a Life Style Whimsy folder. The turquoise is from the snippet folder, edged with an MS border punch. The sentiment was also culled from the snippet folder, {much nicer way to say - some scraps handy on my desk! :-)} stamped, sponged with a combination of Antique Linen, and Scattered Straw. Since I've got my cute pink hardhat on, ready for duty, I think I'll check over at Pixie's Playground to see if anyone is at home.  Miss Pixie is off traveling in the gorgeous Southwest. Gosh, I hope she's having lots of fun. From the looks of the pictures she's shared, she certainly IS!
Edit: the name of the PB stamp is Autumnal Gifts.

9 comments:

  1. I've been loving your Halloween cards but this is a fabulous change. Beautifully colored and lovely LO & colors
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean relatively easy to colour.!!! Look at all those ears of corn and all that fruit. Sheer masterpiece is what I say. (Thought it was one of those stickeroos that Miss Di keeps on about.) Thanks for hopping on my blog. Enjoy the ride. Have swelled your numbers by one too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a stunning card and your colouring is awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Mary! I love your coloring & shading! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays too! I really like that image!
    Hugs your new best friend, Lori :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary this is a Pretty Card I really love your work. Halloween is one of my favorites but I love the fall and all the colors that go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even using the stamp for inspiration, your coloring is brilliant, Mary! It looks professionally done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mary, what fabulous colouring! And a lovely card too. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card and super colouring.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful card Mary! I am in love with that stamp image, I think it is the wheat that I love with the fruit, corn, etc. You have mae it into a beautful card my friend. And of course I am just loving how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete