Followers

2/16/2014

All White and Snowflakes

Hello again. Twice a month there is a wonderful Christmas Club group that I was lucky enough to join.   Hazel (of  Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge fame) selected the theme for this challenge to be All White/Snowflakes. A beautiful choice.

Here's my take on the challenge:

 
 
 
- white cardbase embossed with Darice Snowflake EF. Brayered Versamark over the folder prior to a pass through the Big Shot, then sprinkled Ranger Clear Detail EP & heat set. This created the pearly finish on the background while leaving the raised snowflakes white
 
- S/B A2 Bracket Borders One (S5-181) to die cut the bottom edge. Used a strip of Sookwang tape (double stick paper) sprinkled with Cool Highlights Ritz Glitter, burnished and taped behind the cutout. Doesn't show well in the photo, but IRL this looks very sparkly.
 
- MBox Frostyville Border diecut from the same Sookwang & Cool Highlights Ritz Glitter over, burnished well. There were spots at the top edge where the Versamark did not apply as heavily as should have - which is hard to see when you're doing this - so the EP didn't cover very well. This border was a pretty way to hide the boo-boos. Looks great too...if I may say so!
 
- Elizabeth Craft outline sticker sentiment - white cardstock - edged with a gold Signo pen, handcut the V's. Wanted the card to take center stage, not the sentiment. Used the gold pen to add some tiny dots in recessed areas of the design.
 
Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday afternoon, and thanks for joining me today. Hugs



25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Mary really beautiful huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful Mary, love the die and your embossing. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Mary, for my CCC challenge - you could also enter this for my CHNC challenge extra for February if you wish - I'd love to see it there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the embossing!! So, so pretty!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary this is very elegant, love the way you have put this together. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary....what a lovely card....clever embossing looks so elegant and that lovely die cut....a really elegant cardxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant! Love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this all white Christmas card, looks really beautiful.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty, wintry Christmas card, Mary. I really like that Frostyville border die cut and the embossing is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, this is so shimmery and pretty. You always have such great techniques that you try. Great save on adding the border...your card looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful WOW card Mary, and the clear EP behind the snowflakes looks fantastic, just like snow when the surface melts and refreezes. The sentiment looks great with the touch of gold around the edge. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty and elegant card Mary, love the snowflakes and it's been lovely visiting every one's WOW cards - so many talented card makers x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy. Beautiful card Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Put together as if by magic! A beautiful card Mary. Love everything about it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this is one beautiful Christmas card! I love the all-white look and the frostyville border looks amazing with that gorgeous snowflake background! This is one amazing card, take a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful Mary. The embossed snowflake background is gorgeous. The elements all come together so well and the end result is a fabulous card. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of lovely techniques on this beautiful card Mary making a very stunning creation.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mary - I think this is gorgeous and I loved reading how you made it. I really will have to try using Versamark inside my emb folders - this technique is on my 'to do' list. It really is a card I would like to see IRL!

    Bigs hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful - see? One word and you know I visited you and being an honest person, I would not say beautiful if I did not mean it!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me again. Popping back with my design team hat on,
    Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Maureen aka Scrappymo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, wow, wow!! This white on white card is stunning Momma Mary! Just stunning!! I'm almost speechless. lol I love how you did this card, that embossing folder is beautiful, the die cut snow swirls is just beautiful too. I see this die all the time and think that I must need it. lol Wonderful job, I'd say you rocked this challenge! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So elegant! Love these snowflakes and the sheen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Mary. Love the all white ... and love snowflakes! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh what an elegant card, Mary. the embossed background really shines...absolutely stunning. And the gold dots...the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous card for Hazel's theme!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete