Followers

2/19/2014

Stenciling and Paste

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely sunny & fairly warmish day in Upstate South Carolina. We did have some rain early in the wee small hours, but it's very pretty now. My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with yet _more_ snow and for my UK friends - this awful rain & wind. God keep you all safe!

Here's some new friends I hope you'll find time to say Hello to as you surf around checking out blogs.
 Bobbie L (and Bobbie is in the Circles stuff, but I can't find a blog for her. Bobbie if you can tell me how to find you, I'll add a blog link for you).
Beth F. of Beth's Beauties
Laurie Unger of  Laurie's Stampin Place

Please do visit these blogs if you can, say hello and enjoy some wonderful projects. Thanks folks for becoming new followers.

Here's my card for today - another stencil & paste experiment. Liked this one better than my first attempt. I used a lighter texture paste, plus was careful to apply less thickly and only to part of the gesso'd cardstock. I believe it yielded a better result, although it is quite bright. I was working on one of our dark 'weather' days, and thinking 'sunshine & green'



- TCW  Mini Art Flower stencil, using stencil paste over transparent gesso coated & dried cardstock.  Did not sand anything on the dried paste; Viva Décor Inka Gold Mint Green spread with my finger over the stenciled flower.  (This product is more 'goopy' and spread easily than the other paste stuff I've used). Dried naturally - then sprayed diluted Dylusions Fresh Lime, Pure Sunshine yellow and Lemon Zest. Tried to spray through the same stencil in another corner, but not happy with the results. (peeking out in the top right corner..)That needs more work for me to do well!

- stamped an Impression Obsession CAC029 music stamp using Memento Cottage Ivy in the blank spots.  S/B Curved Borders Two (S5-201) cut the textured green Bazzill card base front.

- Trimmed the stencil piece with a plain bracket shape from the same set. Mounted this on the cardstock, and used the remaining edge of this trimmed piece on the inner side of the card base.

- Marianne Creatables LR0168 flower cut in yellow, then green, smudged DI green on the yellow flower (snippet) and some Lemonade yellow on the underneath green flower (snippet). Shaped the yellow flower & lifted for a bit of dimension, added a green rhinestone center.

- Sentiment from the new 3 Twenty Crafts Simple Sentiments set onto a snippet - (the smooth side of the flower paper), punched with an SU oval punch, smudged DI green around the edge .

That's it! I'm winging across the water to the Snippets Playground where construction of an Ark is underway, but also nifty prizes to be won. If you bring a card that has even one snippet (or scrap as we Yanks would call 'em) Little Parsnip will let you through the gate. C'mon...it's lots of fun!

In the meantime, have a Blessed day, and there's a new stamp reveal later on this afternoon, so I hope you'll pop back to join me. Until then, many hugs.

26 comments:

  1. Nice card Mary. My self darkening glasses darkened down two shades when the card came into view. LOL. We need bright colors right now. I like the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lemon and lime and plenty of sunshine. I like!!!! Your stenciled flowers look so pretty and you know I love the curved border. Fab card with all the inks and sprays. Glad you had better luck with this Inka Gold. I'm still watering mine down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colours on your beautiful card Mary, they brighten up a very dull day here. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Mary. Love the curved edge and the stencilling came out so well! Brilliant colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright, sunny and oh, so pretty! The stenciling paste worked very well for you and I love that curved edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colour and the design shape
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah.....bright and beautiful!!! Love the way you used the paste and stencil - why don't mine ever look this gorgeous! Love all that green and the curvy edge too. FABULOUS!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I LOVE it, Mary! Gorgeous gorgeous work! Brilliant colours and a stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The curved edge looks amazing!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - would you please slow down with your wonderful cards --- I am trying to work here!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stencilled flower look wonderful Mary, and yes the colours are a bit bright but it is a lovely cheerful card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shape of card and love the colours, fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The background is awesome with that color scheme!! I admire you for taking the bull by the horns and going for it with that embossing paste! It really does give some beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - this is a technique i am going to use very soon. You always produce such awesomeness - can you tell I LOVE it :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am loving those colors!! It screams spring!! Which everyone is wanting to come so bad. lol I love how the embossing paste turned out. I have to get me some of it!! I really love the curve on this card and then the border, so pretty and unique! Those flowers are perfect in the embossing paste and then I love the 3D flower at the top! You are awesome Momma Mary!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool design Mary. Love the bright and cheerful colors. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, love the colors and the great design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to try stencilling so i am in awe of your skills. Love that curved border die.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright and pretty colors, Mary :) The curved border and flower really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful Mary and such a lovely shape, and the texture and colour with the Inca Gold paint and Dylusion sprays makes a perfect background, and the pretty die cut and inked flower to finish. Also love the darker green edge too. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Doing a catch up my iPad seems to go on a slow sticky time on a evening just when I am trying to go round blogs. I have tried using my phone but it's not ideal. Your card is lovely and a great result from that embossing paste. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Mary, I do so love the colours you used and the wavy edge is fabulous!

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting - playing catch up here!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous card! I love the bright colors--enough to cheer anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just so pretty! i love the colours, the flower stencil and the fancy edge border.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card Mary, this is one technique I haven't tried, but you have done it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete