Followers

2/03/2014

Floral - bits of this n that

Hi & hope all my USA friends are happy with the way the Superbowl went. DH watched bits of it. I'm not a sports enthusiast; get annoyed with how the singer does our National Anthem; that so many of the players don't seem to realize how to stand to show respect while it is being sung - so I end up fussing at the television. Better I just leave the room.

Let me welcome Irish Cherokee as a new follower. He & his wife, Jill, are new to blogging & both have some fabulous cards & posts for you to enjoy. My DH was making cards for a while, then got away from it. I mentioned Irish & Jill & their enjoyed hobby...all he said was "Good for them". Hmmm...Since he spent his Saturday chauffeuring us to the stamp show, walking around & waiting, then went back out to get pizza & salad for our supper -  I can't get too aggravated him.

Speaking of the stamp show: Had the nicest event happen. I kept seeing this person walking around the different vendors and thinking "Do I know her from somewhere?". We never made eye contact and I don't know if she had been seeing me as well. After going through all the vendor booths that I really wanted to visit, I was thirsty, so got a soda and sat down at a table in the food court to rest my sore feet. This lady walked up to a table 3 or 4 distant from ours, with some friends, and we did make eye contact. Thankfully her name popped into my tired brain and I said "Are you Sheila?" about the same time as she said "Are you Mary?". Bear in mind, we were reading each other's lips, as we were not close enough to hear what the other was saying! We both nodded "Yessss" and she came round to our table -  & oh, long lost friends. How exciting to meet a fellow blogger face-to-face. Even more wonderful to realize that she is just as pretty & sweet in person as she appears to come across on her blog. Now that was one _Big_ plus to my trip. Oddly enough, after realizing Sheila is in the Atlanta area, I had nearly left a comment asking if she'd be at the show, perhaps we could meet. Wasn't sure until the last minute, we'd actually go, so I didn't. Talk about happenstance & small world. Sheila has a lovely blog, so if you have a minute, please check out her nifty projects.

OK, enough blah, blah...here's the card, and it really is bits & pieces of snippets / leftover things. I also tried to adapt the lightbox that Cornelia  showed how to make. I used a clear plastic organizational bin, lined it with white poster board weight card stock, set an Ott light to the side. The photo was taken after the evening dusk. I did adust the camera light setting to fluorescent. Might play around with that some more. On the whole I was pleased with the card & photo.

 
 
- MS small doily stamped with Memento Desert Sand - I don't know how long ago. Been on my desk being pushed around for ever so long. It's raised with dimensional tape atop another snippet from one of the C/B embossing plus folders, (the hard plastic kind that also had cutouts ..believe this one might have been from Lace Door). I used some DI Antique Linen to soften the white of each piece.
 
- border was part of a 12x12 that was on the snippets pile - used a Fiskars ribbon border punch - which became hard to see once the MS punched trim (also a snippet) was added behind the stripe border.
 
- Cheery Lyn butterfly diecut from vellum, pressed into a Versamark pad, then poured DI Antique Linen EP over & heat set from underneath. When that color finished I did the Versamark bit again, then poured some Ranger Christmas Green over the Antique Linen but didn't completely cover. I liked the look. I don't work with vellum much, and really need to do more.
 
After all was done, I used Viva Décor Glitter Gold pearls to add some decorating. Started with corners on the white rectangle corners. Then added to the MS border trim points. After telling myself, don't get carried away and add too much, mess up something, I blopped some drops onto the doily & butterfly, and made myself set the card down & leave it alone.
 
Now I have used a ton of snippets on this one, but since I'm behind in visiting & commenting, I'm embarrassed to submit it to Pixies Snippet Playground Week 110, cause Miss might send me to stand in the corner! But I would suggest if you have any snippety cards, that you take a visit over & join in the fun. See that pretty easel holding my card? Well, Miss Pixie always has some good stuff for prizes, so you might be a winner too, if Mr. RanGen should select your card as he did one of mine.
 
Gosh I got chatty today. Sorry, I'm trying to stop that! But I had a lot to say...ok? Anyway, thanks for your visit, and I promise, I WILL get back round to see what you're up to! Sunday was catch up Saturday stuff and I was tired from all the shopping fun. Oh yeah, I did find some goodies! Lots of new dies & paper (these were BARGAINS! I did so need more!) and a few stamps. Bye. Hugs too.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love all the elements on it.
    My son used to play American Football.........yes!!! here in Scotland.
    I hated going to watch. When I heard those helmets crunching together and seeing "my wee boy" under that pile, it was too much to watch.
    Crafty Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Mary, and a gorgeous, glittery butterfly. I love that simple image and the wonderful paper. Your photo looks great. Bet you love that light box.
    I've been waiting to hear about your trip to the show on Saturday. How cool that you got to meet a stamping/blogger friend.

    Glad you found some goodies to buy. I knew you would. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these cards where it looks like you put on a piece of this, and a bit of that, and some this other stuff, and a little embossing here, and some sponging, and a die cut or six. You really did this one well, great colors and composition. When I try to do that stuff it just looks like a hot mess.

    As for the game, we were rooting for really bad weather, and darned if we didn't get it--locally as opposed to at the game. So much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Mary!! I love the glittery butterfly!! The layers and design are so fabulous!! And the colors are awesome!! Love it!!

    Can't say I'm happy about the outcome of the game - I was rooting for the Broncos :( How cool you got to meet a blogging friend!! So fun!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card, Miss Mary. Love your combination of die cuts and punches on this one - especially along the borders, and the pretty monochromatic three color, with just a hint of something else to pop everything out! So pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snippet card Mary, lots of gorgeous elements especially your butterfly.
    Meeting your friend was meant to be.
    luv
    iarene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you and Sheila got to meet each other - and know the stamp show was fun too!

    Love this pretty card and the outstanding and shiny butterfly!! SO PRETTY!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary, so very pretty and that butterfly is gorgeous. Sounds like you enjoyed the show and wasn't that nice that you met up with a blogger friend. We are getting ready for three upcoming snow storms. Wishing you a fun filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, and it looks sooo lovely in the elegant easel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Mary and the butterfly is really lovely. Lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card and a great use of snippets Mary. I love the colours you have used with all those shades of green, and that pretty glittery butterfly, and gold glitter pearls, make gorgeous finishing touches. Glad you had a good time at the show and met up with a blogger friend unexpectedly, and am looking forward to seeing all those new goodies on future cards. The light box seems to have worked a treat too,
    it's a nice bright picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nicely done. Like the butterfly of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous Mary what a beautiful design love the wonderful colours.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a gorgeous card...love the colors and that gorgeous butterfly! I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is very pretty and the lighting looks great with your new "light box!" How nice that you met a fellow blogger at the show! Isn't it nice when things like that happen and you make that connection in person! I'm so glad you had fun at the show!
    This year for the Superbowl, the national anthem was sung by an opera singer and she did a wonderful job with it in my opinion. I'm with you on the normal dramatic versions we've seen through the years, but I did like how it was sung last night for a refreshing change! The game however was another story! It wasn't a good game at all, it was a one-sided runaway and Seattle steamrolled the Broncos! Oh well, kudos to the Seahawks - they deserved to win it!! Now soon we'll be thinking Oscars :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I like the way you did the butterfly...pretty color. I wanted to make sure that I made it over to your blog, so I could let you know that I gave you a "Shout Out" and here you so kindly gave one to us! Thank you so much! You made both of our days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card has so many amazing details, Mary. The die cuts are gorgeous. The vellum butterfly is to die for - thanks for sharing your technique. I am so happy we met this past weekend. I still can't believe that we actually recognized each other. It was nice to meet your hubby, too. I had fun at the festival. I had a long day and night on Friday, so I was tired when I got there, but all the goodies revived me. And meeting and talking with you really energized me! This is a busy week for me, so I probably won't blog again 'til near the end of the week, but I'll be sure to tell about our meeting on my blog, too. Have a great day! BTW, it was very sweet of your daughter to drop by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I would just get off this dang computer I might be able to make something as pretty as your card. You noticed I used the word might!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Momma Mary, this card is gorgeous! I love the way you used that punch, I have the same punch and love it! Will be copying this for sure. lol I love the "old" feel to this card, that doily is just beautiful and the layer behind it is too. I love how simple, but elegant this card is-it really catches the eye! The butterfly is just so pretty and what you stamp in the doily is perfect! I'm so happy that you and Sheila got to meet at the stamp convention, makes the trip even more sweeter! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Mary, love the stamp and the doily is gorgeous. We used to follow the NFl and Super Bowl but the time difference was too much for us to deal with. We were ever so glad to hear that the Seahawks won especially after seeing an article on ABC news about a sick young lad who got to spend time with the Seahawks xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the card. The stamp on the doily is fab but the butterfly steals the show!
    How did you know that I am working on butterfly cards too. How mine look as good as yours!
    I am going to used the circle burst from MB and use a butterfly and maybe even some bling flourish. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous card love the colours and B.papers and gorgeous embossed vellum butterfly -lovely that you met a blogger friend and thank you for the lovely comments on my blog
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous butterfly! Love that sweet image on the doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, thought I would pop by to say this is a lovely card you made. Reminds me that Spring isn't far away.
    ;)
    I have just joined your site.

    ReplyDelete