Followers

2/04/2014

Lawn Fawn Tweet Tweet Birds

Good evening. This post was intended to be done earlier this morning, but we had errands, came home, had to go back out again. Finally convinced DH that he needs to get this recurring back problem seen to, so that was our afternoon errand. It started misting rain on our first outing, temps started to drop as well. By the time we did the late afternoon doctor apt, it felt quite raw. Now we're back inside, where it's cozy & warm; shouldn't have to leave the house tomorrow. Oh happy day!

Let me say welcome to Rhonda at Bumblebee Creations for becoming my latest follower.  Hope you'll find time to zip over for a visit & say Hello and enjoy some pretty cards.

Here's a card to share this evening:



- image is a tiny clear set by Lawn Fawn (and this is my first LF stamp). I saw this somewhere and the bitty birds just made me laugh, so I bought it. It's really a very tiny stamp set, like what you'd see in Michael's or some such place, but this one came from a stamp store, so it didn't have a Mike's price tag either!! I thought a bit before I purchased it, but it just made me smile, so I succumbed to temptation. Stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Xpress paper, colored with copics (of course!).
Got some 3D Crystal Lacquer at the past Saturday stamp adventure. Applied with a very tiny tip onto the ear muffs, some of the yellow hat and a bit on the green scarf & leaves. I added some extra leaves for dimension. This stuff gives a very nice hard shine. Easier to work with than the Glossy Accents, as it is better controlled with the tiny metal tip.

- Fiskar small size cloud punch for the clouds, which were embossed with one of the C/B dotty folders, then edged with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Azurite (blue). The background had been sponged with Memento Sky blue, corners edged with the Danube Blue.

- Amuse bird die cut (a snippet), edged around with the Danube Blue; perched red cardinal is part of a new Taylored Expression set I ordered (Birch Tree Accessories). This site had super fast shipping too - Just sayin'. Used a tiny snippet of the red velvet paper - I mean it was tin-EE! Both birds are on pop dots.

- Navy blue textured Bazzill card base (also from the snippet box), different Washi tape stripes. Taylored Expressions die Pockets & Pages - January script using another red velvet snippet to cut winter.  Red mat was also a snippet, diecut with the S/B Superelipse.

EK Success border punch on snippet of red paper to hide the uneven washi tape edges that I didn't get very straight when I was placing them on the card.

Here's a picture of the way this card was photographed using Cornelia's idea of a lightbox. It was a very gray day but think the picture turned out ok, even allowing for my poor photo skills.



The white posterboard weight card pieces are just leaned against the box. May do a more accurate trimming & then paste into place. I've just been experimenting to see if this idea would work for me. I think it has!!

Thanks for your visit, and hope if you are in the path of these storms that are moving across the country, that you can be cozy & warm, your power stays on, and that you don't have to go out in any of the bad stuff. Hugs.

30 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Mary!! Those little birdies are so sweet!! I love the inking and the background paper!! So beautiful!! And your handmade lightbox is fabulous!! We are getting hammered with the snow right now. Crossing fingers we don't lose power :/ Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Mary. An apt card for this time of year. Good idea for that light box. useful if it works for you too. Thanks for the shout out.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! I would love to get a light box. My photography skills are so poor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those Lawn Fawn adorable stamps and dies! If I were a millionaire, I'd personally keep so many stamp companies in the red, it wouldn't be funny! LOL I think the way you photographed your card really shows improvement too, and thanks for sharing the tips with us! That's a really cute wintry scene with those great bluebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, your tiny birds are just the cutest. That's a pretty winter scene. I have been online checking out some small stamps today.
    Your photo looks great. I think your light box is really doing a good job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo came out wonderful!!! I did see her idea on the light box and need to try that. I usually take mine outside but sometimes it's just not possible! Looks like it works great.

    CUTE little birds and a cute, cute card!!! I'll have to check this stamp set now. Love the blue sky and little clouds too.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!
    Those birds made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and great lightbox too Mary!!

    .. you are right it does make difference.. and could just use a cardboard box..

    .. as that is good plastic one there and could put some stash in it :D then white card would tape down much easier to cardboard box, too and become more permanent. love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those teeny birds are so tweet! (Sorry,just couldn't resist!!) I haven't seen this cloud punch either which is a really nice size. You've made a great card Mary and used great colours too. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That image is so, so cute Mary, it really made me smile too. I love your light box and the resulting photo certainly is clear and crisp. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! Love the little birds

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card Momma Mary! Those birds sure do put a smile on one's face. Your fabulous coloring has brought them to life. I love the way you did the card base and added the other birds and I love, love the washi tape! I am going to give this a try with the light box, it looks like it works great because I would have thought you had taken your pics on your last few cards in the sunlight. So I think it is working for you too!! We have to go out as well today-medical reason, ice everywhere here, but still have power. Lost limbs on our one pine tree, but other than that we are fairing well. Next storm is up this weekend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These birds are so cute, and I love the fluffy little embossed clouds. I have to admit I haven't used washi tape but it looks great, and the two birds and the punched strip are lovely touches too. The weather here at the moment is dreadful. We keep getting Atlantic storms combining with very high tides causing havoc. Luckily we don't live on the coast, but a lot of roads are flooded making it difficult to get about, and they are predicting two more of these in the next few days, so I've got no excuse not to craft. Hope your weather is not too nasty. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little birdies are really very cute.
    Your light box appears to have worked well for you.I think I will have to try something similar.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tweet Tweet - Tweet Tweet - the bird went tweet, tweet, tweet. Now his friends are tweeting too as fast as they can go. The birds sat by my window and tweeted for me to hear - "hey lady won't you feed us now before we tweet some more!" Tweet Tweet
    I love birds Mary!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard for us non-photographer people to figure out good photos but it looks like you've got a great fix for it here. I'll have to check out the link to Cornelia. I love your tweet card! I had my eye on that stamp set as well but didn't get it. How sad for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary, So pleased to meet you, thank you for calling by which enabled me to find you :o))
    love your sweet creation, these little birds are adorable.
    Your light box is superb, I would personally leave the card loose ..that way you can use different coloured card for certain cards. White on white, or very pastel coloured cards really need a colour behind them, so I just swop the background card.
    I have a redundant fabric light box.. it was too big and clumsy!! now I use a cardboard box and use loose cards to give a bright light background like yours, even though the box was white inside anyway.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute Mary. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, me again :o))
    Sorry I forgot to add that your Penny Black stamp is a Mo image..they do Mo's digi's in rubber.
    The image you have is called Mummu's Bike xxxxxxx
    hugs Mau

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute and adorable. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. It really is a super cute, make you smile image and I think I would have been tempted too.
    Great card and your photo looks really good.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary, hope you Husbands health issues are soon sorted.
    Adorable card just love that cute birdie stamp. Take care and stay warm and toastie x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous Mary I like the sweet image the colours and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card! That trio of featherd friends on your stamped image are a real treat!
    I will have to watch for that 3D Crystal laquer when my Glossy accents is used up. I only buy the teensy one as I find they dry out a bit so the smaller size helps cut down on that problem.

    Your light box looks great! I use a tri fold cardboard for the back and sides. It is heavy whote cardboard...I think for science fairs and stuff like that. I got it on clearance for well under a dollar...In fact I think it was like 9 cents or 29 cents or something crazy like that.
    Iam going to try setting mine up in a clar container too and see if it helps the glare when taking photos of glittery paper or mirri paper.
    I just bought a piece of minky type fabric...almost like ribbon roses, but really close together on minky tye fabric. I saw it on another blog and her photos looked fabulous.
    Going to use it to photograph my next Xmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute image, love what you have created with it. Thank you for the inspiration so I can use some more of my Washi tape up and the link to the light box - fab! Hope you are warm and dry xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute. I love that stamps set and bought it a little while ago. Haven't inked it yet - need to pull it out! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see why you had to buy these little birds! They are so cute all dressed for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You little bird card is so sweet. I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing your light box. I may have to try creating one like it. I think your photos are fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found your wonderful blog via Jill's site! Your cards are incredible! And I love this idea for a light box for photo taking! Thanks so much for sharing it and the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card and your "light box" is brill, will have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete