Followers

2/16/2014

Impression Obsession Wreath die

Howdy, and welcome to my world. I'm sure you have learned in your visits here, that I love dies & embossing folders (and stamps, and paper, and ...ok?) I fell in love with the die used today - primarily because I love cardinals. Somebody found this die on our travels, just had to be sure I saw it, and you know the rest of the story.

Here's the card:

- I.O. wreath die (DIE090-Y). Used a light green paper for the underlying diecut. Then used a darker green card stock weight for the top diecut. IO dies normally cut extremely well in my Big Shot. This one was a bit fiddly, primarily due to all the intricacy I think. I had to do some poking to release some  of the tiny bits, but I really love the die. Birds are attached to the die, and I'm thinking about breaking them away. Yet they are so tiny, I fear losing them if I snap off from the wreath part. Used a tiny red snippet to do the birds on this wreath, but there's 8 birds with the die. I liked the layered look of the 2 green shades and offset each just a smidge. I'm thinking I should have popped the birds up - will next time.

- Solar White C/S embossed with a new SU Arrows EF. Panel on raised dimensional foam strips.

- MB sentiment from the same red snippet that yielded the birds.

This card was sent to a very special person, and I hope she will be pleased with it, and the thoughts behind it.

You'll be seeing more of this wreath I expect! Hope you like it. Have a wonderful day, and lots of cyber hugs coming your way.

21 comments:

  1. Love this card. CAS all the way. Nice touch with the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is a very nice card and I can see that this wreath is very versatile as it could be used for any season. I love the simplicity and elegance of this card. wishing you a fantastic day. Hope you are having nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Mary. I have never seen this die, but its beautiful. I'm sure whoever receives it will appreciate the thought. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary this is beautiful and I'm loving the die looking forward to more of your gorgeous creations :)
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Love the popped up chevron background too. Versatile die - but love that you added the Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Mary. I love wreath cards and this is a beauty. I've not seen the die or embossing folder so will have to check them out.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I can see why you like that die so much. You've made a great card using it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely CAS card Mary and the cardinals add a lovely pop of colour. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I love, love, LOVE THIS!!!! A perfect card!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this, hose little birds are so cute.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This wreath card is FABULOUS! Stunning! Stellar! Mucho Awesome! Okay, I either already own this die or I must have it soon.... I thought I bought it but sometimes my brain tricks me like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wreath!! And I absolutely love the embossing folder you used!! The pretty red birds are an awesome touch!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty Mary, another embossing folder I like and that die too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, la, la...what a beauty with those gorgeous cardinals. I know you are happy you bought this die. Plus, your embossing folder looks so pretty behind it.

    I thought I would never get to comment on this card. I came to my blog and started commenting between phone calls. Ha I knew you had posted three today but was slow getting here. I'm emailing you in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely CAS card Mary and the embossed background goes beautifully with the IO wreath and the bright red cardinals pop out wonderfully from the branches. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is mighty purty Mary :) Those little red birds on the dark green wreath look wonderful and of course I'm with you on loving the embossing folders and dies the most! Way to rock this IO die!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! Love that wreath

    ReplyDelete
  18. What I like most of all and I never seem to do it - the embossed background. If I did not like what you make I would not visit you toots!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I am loving this card Momma Mary! That dark green just pops on that embossed white background!! I am so loving this die too and good for hubby for finding it for you and insisting that you see it! It is you!! Love, love this card! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't seen this die before! It's GORGEOUS! Love the tiny red birds and the 2 shades of greenery. I saw a trick on the net that helped with a particularly troublesome fiddly die. Put a scrap of cardstock under the bottom cutting plate and wax paper between the die and the paper. I've had good luck doing this and the tiny pieces just fall out when I rub my finger over the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty...I am a sucker for wreaths...stamps, dies, embossing, any type, I love them.
    I had a thought about your birds. If it cuts 8, why not popa second layer on each one and place a pop dot under it.. That would give them depth and a bit of shadow.
    Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete