Followers

2/06/2014

Dylusions Seascape with Ryn Bubbles Stamp

Good morning sweet visitor. Warm welcomes to all but especially to a new follower, Maureen of Mau's Place. I had been seeing links to this lovely blog as I swooped around some other blogs; followed a link, paid a visit, and found a new friend. What a joy! Please give yourself a treat, and check out Mau's Place. Now if I just knew how to do all that fancy-schmancy stuff Miz Darnell has started doing of late, where she not only provides the links to her new buddies, but also posts a picture, I'd try to do that too! It's such a sweet touch to add for her new friends!  And if you don't know our Darnell, well...you're missing out on your blogging experience. She's not only a skilled cardster, but she's funny too, and what a vocabulary. She of the NBUS word. (Don't tell me you don't know what NBUS stands for? Gosh, you'd better visit Darnell!) I always leave her place after some good chuckles and inspiration. Thanks Darnell for all you do!

One other tidbit: If you notice in the sidebar, our favorite Miss Pixie - of Crafty Snippets Playground fame - created a button for us--Keys to the Playground! Check it out, and do come & visit in the Playground when you can. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

Anyhoo, we are meeting some old high school buddies for lunch in a few minutes; then I have to zip back home, brush my teeth super well, and head to the dentist. At best I will be having a crown...at worst - I may need a root canal.

So here goes with an experimental card that started with no idea beyond using a previously created Dylusions background.

 

- Dylusions blue sprays, think there may have been one of the purple sprays too. This was created quite a while back.

- the wonderful Ryn Water Droplets Stamp* was added after stamping the sea scape stamp*, which also had a few bubbles, but not as many as I wanted.  (EDIT:  sorry - it was Rising Bubbles. Both were on my desk, but until I cleaned stamps that evening I was mistaken in which I had used! ..Fish scene is Fish Friends by Artful Stamper.)

- fish & plants colored with Spicas & gelly roll pens. Wink of Stella pen over places for added glitz.

- Die-Versions Whisper die Sweet Seahorse die cut from a snippet of turquoise-teal that was just the right size to fit the die. Smooshed into a Versamark ink pad, then sprinkled Ranger Snowflakes sparkle EP over it. The turquoise-teal color just didn't look 'right' after I placed it against the card, so I played with the EP. IRL it sparkles very nicely, but I don't like the white look against the blue. I had hoped some of the paper color might come through the EP, but -- it didn't! Remember I said I was experimenting!

Yesterday I received an order from Joggles, and had some of the Wink of Stella pens (not the brush tip, but a marker tip). I think I'm going to like these pens. Again, I had some fast shipping, so that made me happy!

Ya'll enjoy the day, and hope if any of you are where the storms are wreaking such havoc, that you are staying warm and not having to shovel too much snow. Thanks for stopping by, and many big Hugs!

*If you're interested I can provide the stamp manufacturer.

31 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, your card is beautiful especially the gorgeous background colours and fab water stamp.
    Hope the Dentist did not hurt too much.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Like the background, fish and sea horse. OK, Neat card. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the die cut Seahorse Mary, something a bit different, and Ryn's water droplets are so realistic. The background is very pretty too - such gorgeous colours and those sweet little fish swimming about. Altogether a lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! I love the background!! The sea horse is beautiful!! I've had that bubble stamp for like year and haven't used it yet...I keep forgetting about it!! And I just ordered Wink of Stella pens, too!! I can't wait to play with them!! Good luck at the dentist...hope it's not a root canal :/ Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I feel as if I am at the ocean and ready for some deep sea diving. Your card is so cool. I really like your sea horse and plants. Very nice work, indeed.

    Hope you enjoyed your lunch but I think there could not have been any enjoyment at the dentist. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing project - the addition of Ryn's bubbles is just perfect

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! What a gorgeous underwater scene! Love the seahorse - and all the rest of the card right along with it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Mary, you really have created the most wonderful background for that beautiful seahorse (one of my favourite creatures ever) and the bubbles look fantastic. I totally agree about Darnell, she is such a tonic and always makes my day! Hope the trip to the dentist was not too painful, on you and your wallet! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card love the seahorse and fantastic background love the bubbles
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card, I love the colourful little fish and the wonderful droplets stamp. Pretty colours in the background too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! Love the background

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely underwater scene you've created here! The background is amazing and the seahorse is fantastic! I love every little detail you added - especially the gorgeous colors! I hope your dentist visit went well! I hate going to the dentist! ka-ching! ka-ching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, and the water bubble stamp is genius, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dreamy and gorgeous. Love this underwater scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The background is perfect for your underwater scene! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Momma Mary, this card is gorgeous! I love that sprayed background, so pretty, so mystical looking. I also love, love those bubbles-they look so real! That stamp of the fish is so pretty and of course you have colored them so pretty and perfect. A very cool card! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my Momma Mary, this card is just gorgeous! I love this whole underwater scene! Your sprayed background is stunning-love the colors. Those bubble are fabulous and look so real, boy I love them. I also love that stamp you used, those fish are just so pretty and you have colored them so perfect! The seaweed looks like it is swaying in the water which to me is so cool looking. Yep a stunning card for sure! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything about this delight is gorgeous Mary - you did a wonderful job. Such beautiful colors and of course the stamps by Ryan are so fantastic. I love her bubbles and I love your bubbles too!
    Bravo kid!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to send the link to that water droplet stamp to a friend. She would love it. It is fun stamp indeed and I love your use of it here. Good for you for experimenting. I have little patience for it myself and am always impressed when people do it. I like the sea and seascapes so I really like this pretty scene.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! what a great card Mary, the colouring is gorgeous! and I love those bubbles :o))
    Thanks for welcome sweet friend, the pleasure is all mine xx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Love the background and the fish are wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the background effect, gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful seascape! Love those bubbles and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card Mary. The background is perfect for the underwater images. LOVE the bubbles stamp - perfect addition. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A mesmerizing underwater sea world. Beautifull . Love the backdrop and those bubbles are just the job. Still have mine to use yet shame on me. I have a project up my sleeve for it just no time up the other sleeve. Its a total mystery where it disappears off to each day. Hugs Mrs A.
    We have a storm here at present.It has died down a bit now but meant to peak about midday on Saturday. Hope your dentist trip went ok.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I am in love with that water drop stamp image and how you used it! So beautiful and your seahorse is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous underwater scene Mary, the bubbles stamp looks amazing! Stunning colours too. Those ink sprays are moving up on my wish list! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This reminds me of the aquarium I used to have - love it! The fish, background and bubbles are just perfect. The scene you have set is tranquil and soothing. (I have 2 Wink of Stella pens, the brush tip ones, and I love them.)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so kind! I've just been puttering backwards catching up with you and all the stunning creations I've missed and I was startled and delighted to find this wonderful shoutout with my name on it! Thank you and your welcome!

    I appreciate that you are giving me credit for the way you are introducing your new followers. I thought I might do the pictures to keep it a bit unique at my place. Everyone can also change things up a bit to make a process their own, but I do see plenty of folks 'picking up,' shall we say, from this one and that one without giving credit. I realize that once it's published it's up for grabs, but I do think, however, that it is mannerly to acknowledge the source like you have done here and like you did for the light box idea from Cornelia. You are a true lady, Mary!

    I'll try not to get so far behind again! Enjoy the day ...I hope you are safely tucked up inside. I've heard that you've got nasty weather heading your way! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary, your beautiful background really comes alive. It's absolutely stunning. You've created a wondrous scene.

    ReplyDelete