Followers

2/26/2014

St. Patrick's Day

Welcome. So  happy to have you drop in for a little afternoon visit. Today will be a St. Patrick's Day card made with a LaLa Land Marci digi. Hope you will like it.


- Image printed on Xpress c/stock. Dried overnight, heat set, then colored with various green & flesh colored copic markers. Still had a bit of printer ink smudge on one side of Marci's face & her fingers where she holds the shamrock. Hope it won't be noticeable to the recipient; after the image was all colored, I didn't think it was too detectable. 3D Crystal Lacquer on her shoes, and on the shamrock Marci is holding. For her hair, started with a light yellow marker as a base color. Added E40-41-43 in spots, then added E08 for the auburn color I envisioned for her hair. Added some highlights with a white pen, then smudged with my finger so there wasn't a 'mark' but just a lighter look. (Her eyes looked 'flat' when all the coloring was finished. Bright idea to add some sparkle with the Sakura Clear Star pen. When the photo was taken, her eyes looked like those of a crazy person...(gleaming or somesuch!) Used an Olive Green Spica pen to tone it down. Not noticeable on the card, but it surely was in the photo, which had to be retaken after I saw this crazed eye look! :-)

- Die cut with S/B Octagon die, background colored with BG0000 & BG000 markers.

- All background papers were from VOS stash.(snippets - )

- Impression Obsession clover die for the lightweight glitter paper flowers (snippets). Got 5 shamrocks from this snippet and trashed the remaining piece!

- SU sentiment from another white snippet, punched with an SU punch, edged with Distress Ink.

- Rhinestones were a pale yellow green, - colored with dark green copics to get a darker shade.

I'm off to the Snippets Playground to Parsnip & all my crafty friends, so I hope you'll join us for a lot of fun & inspiration. Everyone has snippets (aka Scraps!) so when you can use 'em up, then come play along with us. Prizes are offered as well, but most of us just like having fun with the group and seeing all the marvelous projects that show up.

In the meantime, have a wonderful afternoon, and come again when you can. Love seeing your comments & having you chat with me. Hugs!

30 comments:

  1. I am laughing at your crazed eyes description. It is amazing how the camera captures what we don't notice.
    I think she looks great! The gleam on her shoes was a great idea and the pretty papers are festive for the big day. Love the textured shamrock at the top right corner of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle that you gave her a crazed eye look. You could have just said she tippled a wee bit too much. I keep telling myself that I need to make a few St. Patrick's cards.... but so far I haven't even come close. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is go Adorable Mary!!! Love how you blend the green so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary I like what Judy has written about the eyes and you not saying she has tipped a wee bit to much. Great card I had to ask husband when St Patricks day was, now I know. It doesn't get to much celebrated here. Have a good day. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Mary. The coloring is perfect. I'm not prejudiced or anything but love those Irish cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, lovely card - she looks gorgeous in that shade of green, will you be celebrating St Patricks day with a glass of guiness? x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Mary, hope she enjoyed her "tipple" to get her eyes like that.........LOL
    Joking apart it is a great image, beautifully coloured and a fantastic design.
    Won't be making any of this type card we don't celebrate St Patricks day here.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is so gorgeous Mary huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and beautiful coloring on this! Probably a good thing you fixed her eyes too if she had that crazy wild-eyed look! LOL!!! I'm sure she was just fine to begin with - but she's precious now. Love all the little shamrocks too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet image and I sure don't see where there was a smudge. Good job with the coloring. So, she was looking a bit fazed/crazed in the eyes? They look perfectly cheerful and full of happiness here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really gorgeous Mary, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card Mary, the image is beautifully coloured, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've colored her beautifully in this lovely shade of green! I love all those glittered shamrocks too! The striped and shamrock'd papers are perfect, but I see no hint of those "crazed eyes" you mention. Then again, on St Patrick's day, those wearing green are wearing that crazed eyes look for days :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card with this cute image Mary. All the colours of green go together beautifully, and your colouring is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet, Mary!! The image is adorable and colored beautifully!! The sparkly shamrocks are such a fabulous touch!! Awesome card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely little Irish lass, Mary! Sometimes the photos seem to take on a life of their own! The camera sees things my eyes don't. Until I look at the picture anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stamps are so much easier I think! But you've done a great job here. I don't see any smudging at all! I love learning all these things from my blogging friends - who knows - my printer may not like digi's either!! LOL You really did a great job from the coloring to her non-crazy eyes! They look perfect! Awesome card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh gorgeous Mary. I did giggle about the crazed look you had to correct :) LOVE the shades of green you used and the little shamrocks are a lovely touch.

    We don't celebrate St Patrick's Day in England really - although I was studying once at Cheltenham when it was Gold Cup (horse racing) Week, and the Irish descend on the town in droves and then try to drink it dry. Saw some funny sights - and I'm allowed to say that being quarter Irish :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific St Patrick's Day card Mary. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card!! love the image

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is darling, Mary! Love the vibrant greens and lovely layers, and I like the tiny spaces you added special colors and effects to. So pretty. Please sign up for my blog candy, as I think you would enjoy shopping! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute - love your papers. I wish you the luck of the Irish! It was 15 degrees here this morning.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute St. Patty's Day card Momma Mary! I love that cute little girl and love the papers you used on this one. Your little clovers are just so cute!! Is that ribbon? I love it! Of course you have colored this little lass up so cute and perfect! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That girl stamp is darling. You did a great job coloring this image. Hair is so hard to do and you did a wonderful job. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Mary. I am not normally a "green" fan and hardly ever use it but your card looks gorgeously bright and cheerful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary,

    What a cute card! St. Patrick's Day will be here before we know it!!!

    Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary. Sweet image that is colored perfectly. Love the fun shamrock paper!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card - your coloring is beautiful. I love the sparkly shamrocks and your DP. I had to laugh at your comment about her eyes - they're quite gorgeous now :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is too too cute for words, Mary! I love those cute little shamrocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A little cutie and great green to use too.

    ReplyDelete