Followers

2/08/2013

Birthday

 

Good Morning, and thanks for taking time out of your day to visit here this morning. Hope you're all set for a great weekend & have something fun (or relaxing...whatever floats yer boat) planned. I have a birthday card to share today, which I hope you'll like. I used a Spellbinders D-lite Medallion 5 to diecut the card front, then did a bit of line scoring using the Scor-Buddy. Experimented with some acetate leftovers from the plastic packaging salvaged from sorting dies into the Art Bin storage I've been working on. I used alcohol inks in reds & yellows on the acetate, then placed a piece of yellowish cardstock behind that so the colors would show up better. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark, then heat embossed with my favorite Ranger Queen's Gold. I sprayed the card lightly with some Tattered Angels gold. I don't use these sprays often, so I tend to be a bit heavy-handed and I'm never sure I really like how it looks. I guess practice makes perfect. Come again when you have time to browse around to my little corner of Blogland.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Mary, this is another WOW card! Love that pretty die and the scoring you did on it. What a pretty sentiment too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you divided your cards into thirds with the score buddy, gives it added interest, and Tattered Angels spray never hurt a card as far as I can tell, but then I do love a little bling! Beautiful card Mary! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card Mary, that Medallion die gives a great result and the sentiment stamp is lovely. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary, I love that medallion, sure is pretty with the alcohol inks on the plastic and love the senitment embossed in the gold. I bet the mist spray looks fabulous as well. Hard to see it in the pic, but I love them. Only have 2 and I don't use them a lot, but when I do I love it! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so delicate and elegant! The scoring really breaks it up and spaces everything so well....very clever! Beautiful card! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea to reuse/Up cycle the packaging...Love it.

    That die is so intricate and pretty!..The scoring really hilights your diecut too!

    ReplyDelete