Followers

2/24/2013

St. Paddy's Card


Happy Sunday Morning, get a cup of something and please join me for a little visit. Here's another St. Pat's card - and I think I'm nearly finished with those I want to have ready to send. I was pleased with this one, but then as I was taking the photo - guess what? I realized I had the front adhered the wrong way.. card opening is on the wrong side! Oh well, I can fix that...slice it off, adhere to another cardbase. Then I realized I had the tiny shamrock design paper going wrong way...I could fix that too, but if I remove the sentiment, that may leave a spot. So once this goes onto another cardbase, it is what it IS!

- oval ellipse is from the center of yesterday's card - (a snippet!) C/bug Ellegant Ellipse EF

- design papers from stash - several years ago, but I still like them. Didn't buy any new St. Pat's papers this year

- green trim hiding join of the 2 papers was a snippet, embossed with Quik Kutz Swirls

- shamrocks were diecut with Impression Obsession Shamrock die, on a snippet of Sookwang (sticky paper) left from this project. The leftovers were just the right size to diecut the shamrocks, then I used Ritz Glitter (in a green color) to dust over the surface, burnished, adhered down.

- sentiment computer generated with a Celtic font downloaded from Dafonts, printed in green ink
diecut with S/Binder Labels Trio, sponged with DI Peeled Paint.

This was an easy card to put together...too bad I screwed it up so badly!!! I still like it though. Now it's time to perhaps make a few Easter cards, and oh yes, there's Rudolph Day to get one made & entered.

8 comments:

Almo said...

Hi Mary, this made me giggle we have all done it built it up and right at the end realise the opening is on the left. It would however be ok for a left handed irish friend:) Hugs Mo

jimlynn said...

Great St. Paddy Day's card! Love the DP and all that green on here. It came out great!
You sound like me making a card - wish I had a dollar for every time I had to pull something off and re-do it!
Lynn

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Mary,

Oh you crack me up! Now, none of us would have known had you not said something! The card came out perfect; that's what handmade is all about!!!

Hoping you are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Kay

scrappymo! said...

Don't cut it up...add some sort of a beer mug and funny saying about one too many...says this Irish girl!
I'm off to have a catch up...I have been remiss visiting. We had 2 sunny days and got a little bit of gardening done. Now we are sore and tired...teehee...that's getting older for you...and all I did was sit on a stool and prune some shrubs!

Anne-Elise said...

So many beautiful cards since my last visit! Great work, Mary! Hugs

Rita said...

Hi Mary, I love your St Patrick day card. Thank-you so much for your lovely commemts on my blog, I have now returned the compliment and joined your blog as a follower. We will be 55 years married in July and I still wonder where the years went. Enjoy your Day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxx

Bonnie said...

You've done some beautiful St. Patrick's Day cards, Mary! I love all the green. I think we've all put our cards together wrong way to. Isn't it usually the simple ones that cause that very problem!

Brenda said...

What a sweet St. Patty's day card Mary! Love those fabulous papers you have used and love that embossed oval with the shamrocks! Hugs!!