Followers

2/10/2013

Valentine



Good morning, pull up a chair & have a nice cup of something warm, and let's chat Valentine's Day. I think I am about finished with my Valentine projects, unless I think of one more card I need to get done! Whew! This one has a Cheery Lynn Two of Hearts diecut on the front, to which Glossy Accents was applied, then let dry. The white card front was embossed with an older Cuttlebug folder, which I think is called Hearts. (Pictures below so as to show what it looks like. I can not find this particular folder on any of the websites I checked and usually JoAnn has a lot of these older folders*). These folders emboss & diecut at the same time. When I first got some of these, I didn't know how to use them, as they are in 2 pieces. I thought one was supposed to separate the folders to get 2 designs...so not true! And I ruined 2 of them by taking them apart! OK...I removed the center heart part of the folder that is partially cut out when embossing is done (it is nearly cut out out anyway). I adhered a silvery snippet behind the cutout and then using my favorite Alene's Easy Flow glue, dotted a bit of glue around the red heart, slapped it down in the space. Had some diecut corners from the same silver snippet  (and again, this is a very old C/B corner die -found during my reorganization efforts). Thought it would look nice after I had the white cardfront adhered to the red cardbase.  Hope you like this one. Here's the pics of what this C/B folder looks like (just in case you may be interested <g>
Heart folder exterior
 

inside attached 2 pieces
 
*Edit: I searched online & found the name of this folder: He Loves Me


 
 

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty and love those corners on here!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty card, love that heart. I have just bought a new die that needs a degree in engineering to work out (the TH clipboard one) so I understand your initial dilema but you clearly worked it out well because it is beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant, Mary! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary! Love the embossing although I don't know if I'd know how to use those kinds of folders. lol I just saw this folder somewhere in an email from one of the online stores, I think it was Cartridges and More in their bargin bin or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary this is a gorgeous Valentines Day creation! Who ever is the lucky recipient of this will be thrilled. Hope that you had a pleasant Monday! Its a holiday here in BC and the weather is cold and rainy. So my kids are busy doing their own thing so I finally got a chance to blog hop to all my blogger friends sites.
    Hope you have a great Valentines Day and get a little chocolate!
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully embossed card! I haven't seen this folder yet, so it's new to me and I LOVE embossing <3 Thank you for trying to join my blog. You can follow by email until I get the button back (sounds funny). Many hugs to you !!! Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a fun time catching up with you, Mary, and love all your stunning Valentines! I heard you were getting some weather there tonight, so hope you're okay and don't lose power or flood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from hot Australia Mary, just thought I 'd pop in and support you by becomming a follower of your blog. I love this embossing folder and saw it recently and now have fallen for it after seeing your gorgeous card. Great creations on your blog and admire what you have done. love annie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete