Followers

9/16/2013

Florals

Good morning, and welcome to Mayra of http://mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/. Thanks for becoming a follower, and I would encourage ya'll to take a peek at Mayra's blog.

We had a lovely weekend, but I was really tired from ambling around at the stamp show. It was fun, but boy, was I tired once we got back home. I can remember when I could shop all day, go out that night and have fun. We won't say how long ago that was!!

Here's a card that has been pretty well finished and on the desk for several months, but I just never got round to doing the final touches. I was trying to do some shadow stamping, where you do the main image, stamp it again without reinking the stamp. This is a Stacy Stamp image that I've had for several years. I think I need to try the eraser cleaning technique on the surface of this stamp, as it doesn't give a clear crisp image, even when I use the stamp press. Recently I saw a video where the blogger showed how to prep the clear stamps by 'sanding' them so-to-speak, with a white pencil eraser block. I've tried that on some of the red rubber stamps I just bought, and I think I did get a sharper image.

Here's the card:


- Cardbase started life as a purchased, textured pack - 10 for $1.00, cream colored. I colored it with some leftover sprays that were on a craft mat, and it's a little blotchy in places. I had stamped the flowers from Stacy Wildflowers on white c/s,  then diecut with a S/Binder label die. Of course I sponged around the edges with Distress Inks. Handcut a faux mat using the outside of the image die using a green snippet that was just big enough for what I needed. This was all done some time back, and I don't remember what colors were used for anything. When I was ready to finish the card, found another green snippet, used an MS loopy punch. Left an edge at the bottom of the punched piece, which I halved and it was just wide enough to apply to each side of the card.

Of course when I adhered these 2 border pieces behind the focal piece, added the Elizabeth Craft diecut sentiment (another very tiny snippet), it looked presentable. However, when I took the photo, looked at a larger image, overlap on the punched pieces loomed like a sore thumb. So I just took a hole punch, punched out some small circles from the black snippet. Worked ok to hide the join at the top, but looked a bit odd to me (the Cheers covered it at the bottom). Decided to add the same look at each side of the image, and there you have it. Not one of my favorites of anything I've done, but hopefully, not a total wart.  I'll probably use this for somebody near & dear who won't be too critical!! LOL

I'm not hopping over the pond with these snippets, primarily just 'cause I haven't had time to pay reciprocal visits lately, so I'm bashful about joining in the fun when I can't play fair. I would encourage all of you to treat yourselves and fly 'cross the pond to see what those mischievious ladies at Pixie's Snippets Playground have been up to lately. I can guarantee you that you will be happy you looked in. I've snooped around - just not had time to type up comments; I know there's some really pretty cards to see.

As always, thanks for visiting, and come again soon if you have time. In the meantime, have a Blessed day.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love those colors you used for this Mary. So pretty with all the scallops off to the sides.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Mary! The colors are so fresh and work well together. Wonderful textured background and image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mary, l like the stamp and the frame, the black candi dots draw the eye right into into the stamp too. Hope you are well and recovered from the shopping trip. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the scallops - they draw your eye in to the stamping. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier - you're right, "nesting instinct" is settling in and things are very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scallops add lots of lovely texture Mary. Love how you've framed the image too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this turned out beautifully! I love that punched lace and the black circles look like brads without the bulk! Pretty flowers too. They have a bit of a watercolor/charcoal look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sand some of the clear stamps and some rubber stamps as well with crafting sanding blocks and get a more crisp stamp image, so it does really work! I love this image Mary, it look so beautiful the way you have it on this card. I love shadow images anyway for some reason. lol The frame looks fabulous around this image and I love that punched border on each side! This is just a beautiful card Momma Mary!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete