Good Morning. Did you see or hear me doing the Happy Dance? Yesterday we worked on window cleaning for a while. Original plan was to do 6 or 7 more of the windows, and finish up today. When we got the goal number finished yesterday, I still had a little bit of energy left, so convinced my Helper to let's go ahead and finish the remaining ones, so that we could tick this chore finished. He wasn't terribly enthusiastic about my idea; his recliner was calling to him. But we perservered, and Voila, all done. Except for the outside of 2 windows that are in the computer room, that faces the back deck. Because of some built-in things in the pc room, it's awkward to tilt these windows in to get at the outside portion, so we're going to remove the screens & wash these the old fashioned way.
Here's another card with a Dylusions background. I diluted several colors with just water & a small amount of the spray; then in another bottle I used some of the spray, added some of the White Linen spray, filled the bottle with water. I'm liking the way I can have new colors. I do label the new bottles at the time I mix up these so I don't forget just what colors I used. So far I've not tried mixing in any of the black spray to get darker shades, but I really like the look of the added white. Just have to remember to shake this white additive very well. The original White Linen has one of the 'mixer balls' in it, which of course - won't be in the newly mixed colors.
- background created using dilution sprays with white, in Pure Sunshine, Dry Martini, Postbox Red and some Calypso Teal. This was done on Canson #90 paper, and I think it gives a sort of 'canvas' look to the background. Before it dried, I pressed another piece of just plain white card stock over the wet piece, so there is a second background waiting for use.
- image is a $2 AC Moore clearance find. Stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy on the dried Dylusion background; petals colored with various shades of BV copics. This is the first time I've tried using the copics over the Dylusions and I used a sort of dot motion to get some color in the petals of the hyacinth. Watercolor paper will suck in the copic ink quite a bit too. Didn't seem to affect the nibs however..but I was very careful to just 'touch' the paper. Used a Signe gel pen to get some highlights.
After matting, this looked rather plain, so I added a Die-namics leaf flourish, first in the purple - which looked too bright. Decided to offset with a darker green leaf under the purple, liked this better. I'll add a small sentiment in the top right corner.
Thanks for joining me today, and I'm off to try to pay some return visits to all the kind commenters who have been visiting me lately. Have a wonderful day.