Happy Wednesday and it's a sunny but coolish one in our area. Today's card looks much better IRL than it appears in the photo. It has several different techniques used on it.
First let me explain that the card base is a navy blue, but it doesn't look very navy in the photo! The image is unmounted red rubber - and was purchased at the September Stamp Convention and has no name on it. I think it was purchased from QKR Stampede but not positive. I bought quite a few of the unmounted stamps from this vendor because they had a lot that looked like Zentangles, of which this was one.
- Image stamped in Versamark, then used some sticky embossing powder (NBUS*). Heated from underneath the stamping until the sticky powder got a bit glossy. Used some gold leaf flakes over the stickiness, and rubbed gently with my finger until I got the desired coverage. This was new to me as well as the use of the sticky powder. I had to go to the company's website to find a tutorial as I had forgotten exactly how the vendor demonstrated it. :-) *NBUS = Never Before Used Stuff
- background mat was created with Dylusions, and I think I like this one better than any I've done to date, although it is not photographing well. (Operator Error I'm sure!). I used Orange Zest, Postbox Red, Sunshine Yellow and Calypso Teal. Some of the sprays were full strength (the yellows/orange), the Teal was diluted with White Linen. This was very wet when I decided to stop with the sprays, so I tilted the #90 paper, let the puddles run. Left it alone to dry. Then sprayed very heavily with Perfect Pearls copper. I was trying for a look that would emphasize the variegation in the gold leaf flakes. I sprayed the Ram's navy bkground with a Tattered Angels Moonlight color to create some glimmer on the navy blue. (the image reminded me of the Zodiac Ram, so I was thinking Night Sky).
- Elizabeth Craft die cut sentiment from a snippet of the mat background. I recently got a sticker Xyron in an online order that I'd never used. Put the sentiment through it to make an adhesive backing. I had to remove a lot of gluey strings from the resulting sticker before I could attach it to the card.
Not sure I'm liking this particular Zyron tool. Don't think it's one that I'll use a lot.
Have a wonderful day, and share a smile with someone. Hugs