Good afternoon, and we have an absolutely perfect Fall day in my area today. It's sunny, but quite cool and Hurrah! I turned off the air conditioner, opened some doors to air out the house. Was going to do that last evening, but someone in the neighborhood was burning - so a/c hadda stay on. The sky is such an intense shade of blue - no clouds can I see. Some of the trees have just a hint of color. I think we're going to have a splendid show of color here in the Upstate South Carolina area this autumn. Although we're seeing lots of brown leaves on the ground.
Here's a card using an image I took to color while I was in Florida.
- Heartfelt image, stamped on Xpress paper, colored with copics. Vase has Glossy Accents added for shine.
- die cut with S/Binders Decorative Labels 8. (I remembered to use wax paper, and it came out of the die beautifully. Because I've had difficulty in releasing intricate dies, I made 2 forward & backward passes in the Big Shot. Should have just done 1, as the scroll work tore in 2 places. When I adhered to the card base, though, it hid the tears.)
- Card base is from a DCWV handmade paper stack found in JoAnn's (thanks to my friend Gloria, who bought it first & showed me! She also had the Heartfelt stamp, ordered from JoAnn's online. I have the loveliest, most enabling friends on the planet!)
- added some green rhinestones around the scrollwork for a little bling.
- Elizabeth Craft die cut sentiment from a snippet of green.
This image was easy to color. When I do it again, though, I won't choose the earth tones for the vase. I wanted to do the flowers in fall colors, but since I'd done the vase in the reddish colors, I needed brighter colors for the flowers. Next time I'll use blue shades for the vase, and try to do the rich colors of fall flowers. I quite liked how this turned out.
Since I have one tiny snippet I am going over to visit the Playground, where I've just seen that there is an interesting new prize available. Not to mention some lovely, lovely cards already linked in. So take a little time and c'mon along.
There's another fantastic challenge going on at The Crafty Laydee, so if you like making cards with Flowers, hop on along with me. I've been wanting to join in with Nessa's fun challenges, but this is my first chance. The challenge is open for 2 more days, and the only requirement is to use something with flowers. If you haven't visited The Crafty Laydee yet, you _really_ should!
OK, I'm off. Things to do, stuff still to unpack.
Oh ---, we were in a Bed, Bath & Beyond store on Tuesday. I have one of the IRobot vacuums, but have been wanting the robot that will wash/clean the floors. I had seen it on websites for a while, but didn't want the hassle of having to return if it didn't work as promised. When we spotted this at B,B & B, (and I had a 20% off coupon...you know how crazy I get with coupons!)...I asked the saleslady if I may return it after use, if it doesn't work as I need it to. She said yes, as long as I have the receipt. So it's being charged as I write. Maybe this afternoon, it will go for a test drive on our kitchen floor. I'll let you know how it performs.) Have a marvelous day, and thanks for taking time to visit here. Hugs