Good afternoon and I hope that none of my blog buddies in the UK have had any damage from the storm I just read about on the MSN home page. I know that several of you wrote that you were preparing for some gale force winds.
For those who don't know, each month over at Stamping for Pleasure that starts each month on the 25th. Rules are simple and it's lots of fun, so today's card will be submitted to October's Rudolph Day. There is a lovely Memory Box corner die for some lucky entrant. Here is my card:
- Image is Santa Mouse CM 714P by Artful Stamps, colored with Copics, die cut with a S/Binder Petite Large Oval. I added some Polar White Flowersoft on the fur & hat pompom. I have a heck of a time with the Flowersoft glue, and this effort was no exception. The glue was clogged at the tip - and yes I store it tip down in a cup as instructed in a class! Using a paper piercer to try to unclog it, I jabbed the needle end into my finger, didn't realize it until I saw a red blob on the little mouse's chest. Wet a towel to get it off ASAP, but still saw a little residue from a stain. Used some more of the copic pinks to try to cover the boo-boo. Grrrr!
- Background is from waste paper (?snippet?)at the airbrush table where I've been spraying Dylusions and other sprays. It is pages torn from a desk calendar and as I tear them off, I use this for scrap paper at the table, and when it gets all grubby, toss it. I thought the colors were pretty, so this one I saved for 'something'. Trimmed off a section, cut to size, embossed with a Darice Henna EF.
- Border is Canson #90 w/c paper sprayed with full strength Dylusions Postbox Red & Cut Grass green, oversprayed with Tattered Angels in a gold color. Let this air dry after tilting the paper to let the wet spots run & marble. This was my intended background for this piece, until I had the idea to use the waste paper. I really liked the colors on this border & used an MS punch to trim.
- Ornament embellishment is from La Petites 3-D stickers, added a hanger from some gold cord. After the photograph, where I saw the little crook at the top, I straightened the hanger.
- Elizabeth Craft sentiment from a snippet left from creating the background here. I had already used my initial stamp & I'm not pleased with how close together the Noel & stamp are. But by the time I realized this, the Noel was adhered. I used the Xyron sticker tool to add adhesive. I'm trying to develop a liking for this gadget...as it is easier than dabbing glue...but..the jury is still out.
Since I have a few snippets on this one, I think I'll submit it to Pixie's Crafty Workshop week #96, where I just saw some gorgeous cards and a lovely prize on offer. Check it out.
At Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for October, it's an Anything Goes theme, as long as it something related to Christmas, so I'm visiting there as well. The sponsor is Bugaboo Digi stamps.
Hope you'll check out these great challenges, see something that inspires you to play along. In the meantime, enjoy your Monday, smile at someone & thanks for joining me today. Many Hugs
*edit: A very sweet blogger suggested this be submitted to another Christmas challenge, http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/welcome-to-challenge-6-christmas-in.html
so I have done that. Saw some wonderful entries that I'm going back to enjoy!