Followers

10/21/2013

Spellbinders 3D-Mbossibililty

Good Morning...pull up a chair, get your morning beverage of choice, and welcome to my Monday. I saw this card recently and thought it was just so beautiful. I had to smile as I enjoyed it, because I had the very embossing folder that Benzi used. I had tried it out on a background experiment, then colored in the wreath elements with some pan pastels. Didn't like the look of it at all (operator error, not the folder's fault). Everything I experimented with, just seemed to make it look worse. Well, when I saw Benzi's white card, it took my breath away, and I decided to try the folder again. I didn't want to just blatantly copy what Benzi had done, so hmmm, what can I try? Remembered I had a snippet of some Coordinations White Washed paper - 12x12 pack purchased years back. So off I go to find it, and here's the result. Thanks Benzi for some wonderful inspiration.


- S/Binders 3D Mbossibility Rustic Wreath* using Coordinations White Washed paper snippet. Sanded the wreath, then used shades of green pan pastels to just touch the holly leaves of the wreath. Used some Smooch (the kind that came in small bottles that looked like fingernail polish) to color the berries. Had a little blob accident on one of them, so covered with tiny red rhinestones.

- Elizabeth Craft outline stickers in the center.

- corners punched with an MS Holly Leaf corner punch, also colored with pan pastels, added the tiny star from the same outline sticker sheet.

- navy blue mat, navy blue card base...edged the base with Versamark, sprinkled Ranger Queen's Gold, heat embossed. (saw this technique on a Gina K video).

* when using these Mbossibility folders, be sure to check the how-to's. I broke one of the older Cuttlebug machines using an Mbossibility folder because I didn't read the instructions as carefully as I should have. The 3D-Mbossibility folders are even thicker than the regular ones. There are some good Youtubes showing how to sandwich these folders (check Scrap Made Simple #82). A great video and some good techniques with the metallic pan pastels too.

Since my Coordinations Cardstock was a snippet, this card is zipping over to join our Parsnip in the Playground. Parsnip is a cute little white bear who is keeping all of us in line while Miss is frolicking far away. This is week #95 at the Playground, so if you are making a card/project with anything leftover, link it with the Mr. Linky tool and join us for all the fun & a nice prize too! See ya there, and thanks so much for taking time to visit today. Hugs

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful wreath, Mary! I'll bring my Time Life Treasury of old Christmas carols and we can tune up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used the 3D M-bossability folders but I will be on the look out now. This wreath looks really lovely and the holly cut out corners are a great match. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, la, la....what a beautiful wreath you made with the green pan pastels. I can imagine the sanding really holds in the color. Don't you just hate when you get blobs? Well, you recovered nicely indeed. Beautiful work with that wreath. I just love the M-Bossabilities. So happy you liked my card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Mary, such a beautiful embossing folder too. Great use of the pan pastels and that's a great tip about the Mbossibilities too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath and a beautiful card! So pretty with all the red and greens and love the corners!
    I've never used one of those folders before but will remember to read the instructions like you said!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip about the Mbossabilites! This wreath looks so festive the way you colored it, and I love those corner accents too! Benzi is going to love that you cased her card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Mary. Love how you've just added a bit of color to the top of the embossed leaves. Great design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Mary! A perfect snippets card.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this card Momma Mary! That embossed wreath is gorgeous! I love, love it especially on the sandable paper. Love your corners too that you used the punch on. Beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Mary. I have some of that whitewashed coredinations but never used it but I might just have a play tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely wreath Mary, and great that you dug out the 'reject' folder!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Mary, thanks for the tip about checking the correct sandwich too. I had this folder on my wishlist but decided it was a bit too large for my standard card bases. It is gorgeous though, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete