- Image printed on Copic Xpress paper, colored with copics, diecut with S/binders Deckled Oval and then edged with DI Vintage Photo & Rusty Hinge. I used copic G0000 to shade the background, then replaced image in the die for sponging the Distress Ink.
- Traced outside of S/Binder die & handcut the faux mat- using a previously created Dylusions background of various shades of dark blues & purple-y colors.
- Autumn cardbase background created with Dylusions sprays in shades of yellows, reds & a bit of green. Some of these were water dilution sprays, some were water & white linen dilution mixtures. I diluted the Chocolate (brown) spray, added white linen and then further added in some tattered angels in a gold color. I sprayed this last, and it added some interesting brown dollops of color. The brown & gold shows nicely IRL. Used 90# Canson Mixed Media paper for the background, and to blotted with another piece. When you blot this way, it removes some of the lovely texture of the blobs & drops, creates a softer look, and there's a second background for future use. This time I rolled a small brayer across the top of the blotting cardstock - usually I just use my hands to press the papers together. This method got more ink on the 2nd piece. When dry, I used some pan pastels to color over a pumpkin stencil created when the punkin glitter embellie was created. I think you may be able to see this in the top right corner ...again, better seen IRL. After a bit, I used an older C/Bug pumpkin EF to emboss for some texture.
- Elizabeth Craft diecut Pumpkin on a snippet of copper glitter paper. Embossed lines were gone over with different black pens so they would show in the photo.
- Green snippet trim made with an MS fence punch, and the sentiment was made from black snippets.
Happy was diecut from Elizabeth Craft (the Happy Birthday die), and the Halloween is a Cheery Lyn die purchased at the stamp show in September. These are slightly different sizes, so I staggered & slanted them just a bit - I think they look ok together. I've been on the hunt to find dies for different holidays.
So if you have time, take a visit to Jo's Scrap Shack and see my team mates' creations using their choice of our 3 sponsors' digi-s. (Limited Runs, Bugaboo and Stamp Art). You'll have a treat in store for sure, and perhaps be inspired to join us & submit your own take on the challenge to use your favorite technique on a card. The rules are simple, posted at Jo's Scrap Shack, and we'd really love to have you play along!
Have a wonderful day, and Happy Crafting. Thanks for visiting me today. Hugs