Followers

10/19/2013

Penny Black Sticker

Good afternoon & welcome. It's dreary, rain & drizzly around Upstate South Carolina today. Cooler as well. Broke out a lightweight pair of  'longies' this morning, and they are feeling quite cozy.

Recently I bought some Penny Black sticker sheets, and decided to make a card with one of them. The longest part of making the card was finding the proper Spellbinder die to cut it out (would have been faster to fussy cut it ). I had seen a video on Jill Foster where she explained that she always backs her stickers on card stock, then cuts them out. (tried to find the video to link, but after searching back 2 years, I gave up). So I tried that & works pretty well. Did not do any edging as Jill frequently does, because the sticker looked antiqued to me anyway. (Now I see in the photo, I should have used a dark marker around the outside to hide the white backing c/s. Didn't notice it IRL).


- Sticker from Penny Black Scented Garden 2013 sheet, die cut with S/Binder Label 20.

- background created using DI Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean & Evergreen Bough over the Salty Ocean to dull up the brightness. Spritzed with water & dried. Stamped with Impression Obsession CC058 - Wispy - using Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink (Blue Lagoon); stamped again with CC050 - Script - with Fluid Chalk Dark Peony. One of the tips given in the Impression Obsession card classes I was fortunate to attend, suggested using the lighter ink color first, then darker ink. In this instance, both inks were darkish, but I thought the red script would show better against the blue DI. It still is visible in the red DI colors.

- Used S/Binder Shapeabilities Lattice Motif  to cut the burgundy mat, splitting the die cut in half to make it fit for a mat.

- Background was just a hair too short for the card base, so I added a MS lacey punch in the same burgundy paper.

- Elizabeth Craft sentiment from a white snippet sponged with DI Salty Ocean and Evergreen bow.

- threaded an organdy ribbon in shades of blue & lavender through the holes of the lattice mat, added a little bow, and that's it! Hope you like this one.

Have a wonderful afternoon, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always, Thanks for visiting. Hugs

I was reminded that since I have a tiny snippet on this card, it's eligible for the Playground, so I came back to do a little edit and add a link. Isn't it lovely that all these Playground buddies watch out for me? They'll do the same for you too, so if you're making a card using your snippets please do think about linking your card. Some lovely prizes, but also lots of fun in meeting some new people and - oh yes - nifty prizes given by a sweet little Parsnip of a cutie bear!

OH YES, several comments were made re: backing the sticker with cardstock...The idea came from Jill Foster's videos using stickers as mentioned above!!!!

13 comments:

  1. I don't usually look at stickers but this is changing my mind! And what a great idea to put it on cardstock! It makes a lovely image for the card and your background is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never look or buy stickers! Maybe I need to re-think my thinking now!!!
    Beautiful work of art. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beauty! and such pretty stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, you already know I'm BIG fan of PB Stickeroos - and this is a perfect example of just how great they are. A lovely card!

    I always backed my stickers with card too as they are in totally impossible to move if you set them down wrongly onto an actual card plus it always looks much nicer. Mind you, I've never die cut so perfectly round the outline as you did here - guess I need some more dies?! :)

    You say you used a snippet - why not link into the Playground? We have a cute PB stamp on offer from the toy box this coming week. AND I featured one of your cards too - the fabulous spooky Halloween one so well done on catching my eye all this way from home. Err, in fact I had an urgent text message from Parsnip telling me that you had to be included - I suspect he's going through my linen cupboard right now looking for a white sheet. And I forgot to hid the scissors from him - sigh :)) It's all YOUR fault!!

    Hot and sticky hugs from Thailand, Di xx

    And I must say a huge thank you for the lovely shout outs for the Playground - more folk are coming to play and each one of them is so nice. I do so love that the Playground is a happy place to come and play :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, what a great idea to back the sticker onto cardstock, never thought of that - it looks so beautiful on your card - I love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am loving this card Momma Mary!! The colors are just beautiful and I also love the shape of die you used on this gorgeous sticker! I would never have thought to use a sticker this way, you can't even tell it is a sticker! You always amaze me Momma Mary!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I have a million stickers from when I used to scrapbook and never use them. Your card is so gorgeous featuring the sticker. Backing the stickers with cardstock sounds like a wonderful idea.

    Congrats on being featured in the snippet playground with your wonderful Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely...I really like that fancy die you used to showcase the stickeroo. Great idea to back the sticker...too bad I had not done that on my generic card...but i learned my klesson and will take a cue from you.

    Beautiful colours on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Mary - gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Mary-Lovely effect and those colours are just gorgeous :)
    Hugs from a very wet and soggy UK -think my feet are begiining to show signs of webbing LOL!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Mary. The background is stunning, as are the colours and the topper. As a confirmed PB Stickeroo fan I love to see how others use them too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! You have been a bust crafter this week!
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete