Good afternoon & welcome. It's dreary, rain & drizzly around Upstate South Carolina today. Cooler as well. Broke out a lightweight pair of 'longies' this morning, and they are feeling quite cozy.
Recently I bought some Penny Black sticker sheets, and decided to make a card with one of them. The longest part of making the card was finding the proper Spellbinder die to cut it out (would have been faster to fussy cut it ). I had seen a video on Jill Foster where she explained that she always backs her stickers on card stock, then cuts them out. (tried to find the video to link, but after searching back 2 years, I gave up). So I tried that & works pretty well. Did not do any edging as Jill frequently does, because the sticker looked antiqued to me anyway. (Now I see in the photo, I should have used a dark marker around the outside to hide the white backing c/s. Didn't notice it IRL).
- Sticker from Penny Black Scented Garden 2013 sheet, die cut with S/Binder Label 20.
- background created using DI Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean & Evergreen Bough over the Salty Ocean to dull up the brightness. Spritzed with water & dried. Stamped with Impression Obsession CC058 - Wispy - using Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink (Blue Lagoon); stamped again with CC050 - Script - with Fluid Chalk Dark Peony. One of the tips given in the Impression Obsession card classes I was fortunate to attend, suggested using the lighter ink color first, then darker ink. In this instance, both inks were darkish, but I thought the red script would show better against the blue DI. It still is visible in the red DI colors.
- Used S/Binder Shapeabilities Lattice Motif to cut the burgundy mat, splitting the die cut in half to make it fit for a mat.
- Background was just a hair too short for the card base, so I added a MS lacey punch in the same burgundy paper.
- Elizabeth Craft sentiment from a white snippet sponged with DI Salty Ocean and Evergreen bow.
- threaded an organdy ribbon in shades of blue & lavender through the holes of the lattice mat, added a little bow, and that's it! Hope you like this one.
Have a wonderful afternoon, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always, Thanks for visiting. Hugs
I was reminded that since I have a tiny snippet on this card, it's eligible for the Playground, so I came back to do a little edit and add a link. Isn't it lovely that all these Playground buddies watch out for me? They'll do the same for you too, so if you're making a card using your snippets please do think about linking your card. Some lovely prizes, but also lots of fun in meeting some new people and - oh yes - nifty prizes given by a sweet little Parsnip of a cutie bear!
OH YES, several comments were made re: backing the sticker with cardstock...The idea came from Jill Foster's videos using stickers as mentioned above!!!!