Welcome, and here I am with one more Halloween card. It didn't start out with the idea to make it a Halloween card, but as I worked on it, began to seem as though it _should be_ a Halloween theme.
- Memory Box Lamp Post Frame die cut using plain black paper, embossed with a Darice wood grain EF. I ran the EF part way through the Big Shot, just to emboss the tree trunk area. I didn't want black grass, so fussy cut a green snippet to cover the ground. In retrospect, I should have used a grass punch at the top, ..oh well. Also hand cut the card base to fit the die shape as I wanted to take advantage of the shaping. I'm going to try die cutting the card base next time, and shimming over the tree & post, to see if I can just get the frame shape. As I said, this one sort of evolved as I worked on it.
- Pumpkins had been colored with copics while I was in Fla, so cut them out, adhered at tree base.
- leaves were also snippets -the branch was from my Dr.Pepper experimenting earlier (a Memory Box leaf stem die), and the loose leaves were die cut from a thin copper sheet and then heating with a small hand torch. We used the same leaf branch to do the copper sheeting, and these leaves were leftovers from a little trimming.
- background was created with the Hero Arts S5634 stamping versamark, then burnishing with Pan Pastels using greens, blue & yellow. The lamp post has a snippet of some shiny gold paper for the light glow.
- Impression Obsession die cut ghosties,(white snippet) smudged with Copic C01, C02 and blended out with the colorless blender pen. This is when I decided it would be a Halloween, rather than fall card. It looked like the ghosts belonged in the scene. Some cotton was handy on a shelf above the desk, so I stretched out a bit of it, to put on the tree branches. The ghosts are adhered with glue dots, and the top ghost needs another couple dots applied, as he keeps flopping over. (Hmm...he _is_ a ghost...do you think...?is he trying to escape?)
Since I have some snippety things here, I believe I shall dash over to Pixie's Playground, and see what those folks are up to, while Miss is away. It's week #94, and we'd love to have you play along. I also heard rumors of a nice Memory Box die that is up for prizes.
In the meantime, thanks for your visit, any comment you'd care to leave, and have a wonderful day!