Followers

5/15/2012

Birthday Rose

After a few dreary drizzly days, we have a morning with no rain...no sunshine just yet either. Here's a card with a beautiful Impression Obesession stamp - Romantic Rose by Alessa Baker. Found this stamp at Scrapbook Creations
and have been waiting for time to use it. I saw a card similar to this one on Pinterest, thought "I have that stamp", so....Inked the stamp with Versamark, stamped and embossed with Stampendous Winter Wonderland. I have been looking for a nice plain white emboss powder, but this one had some silver sparklies in it. Was not exactly the look I was going for, but I liked it. I have several Ranger 'whites', but none is just a plain 'white'. After seeing the sparkle in the emboss, I decided to try to use Pebbles pastel chalks - not something I am adept with using. After attempting some shading, I sprayed with a Blick Matte fixitive to keep the chalk from rubbing off. Made the background with an Impression Obsession Cover A Card  stamp(CAC Thick n Thin), inked with versamark, then used the same Stampendous EP. (Well, it was right there ready to sprinkle!). The sentiment is a SU Birthday stamp from the Sale-a-bration set Elementary Elegance, used Momento Rose Bud ink to stamp...stamping off once to get a lighter effect, trying not to overpower the pink chalks on the rose. Then inked the edges with the same color, but no stamping off. Finished off with 2 rhinestones; so one of my June birthday cards is nearly ready. June is a big month in my family for birthdays. I'm trying to get a head start, to avoid my usual bad habit of last moment flurry. Thanks for coming by. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment