Followers

5/05/2012

Road Trip

It's Saturday night, and I've had a lovely afternoon, with 2 friends, going to a new-to-me store up in Saluda, NC. Both my friends do Altered Book crafts, which I don't. The store we visited was Random Arts, and had the neatest 'found' items. It was lots of fun to see the vintage 'schtuff', and my friends got several items they had been looking for, to use on projects. I did manage to find some paint types of media, that can be used on cardboard, plastic, paper for making 'rust' or 'patina' looks. Also some transfer paper to use with photos, etc. The town was such a quaint little place, lovely to walk around, see all the old buildings. Many of which had interesting shops to browse. Then we headed back to our area, via a different route. Passed by  a scrapbook store in Inman, SC. http://scrappintimesc.com/We did a U-turn, hurried back, just as the door was being locked. However, the nice folks were kind enough to let us come in, along with another customer who arrived just as we did. We managed to find all kinds of wonderful things! So I hope the staff were as happy they let us inside, as we were to have been there!!! A fun afternoon...always good to discover new places with friends.
The card tonight is one that I'm not happy with after I saw the scan. I didn't realize I had switched one of the border trims until I saw the picture, and I can't pull it off, as it will damage the card. (Note the design...one side doesn't match the other as it should have done). I do like the tulips, and this is a lovely Memory Box die, Dancing tulips, which I'm loving. The butterfly is a Cheery Lynn small exotic butterfly. The cardbase is textured white Bazzill, the background white was embossed with a Tim Holtz Spring Background folder. Smooch ink (from the fingernail bottles) was used to give some shine to the tulip blooms. I'm debating on whether this is going into the trash or not!! I think this lesson is on the order of "measure twice, cut once". (look carefully before you glue it down!) Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment