Followers

5/29/2012

Thank You

Good afternoon...and we're hoping for a little rain in our area. It was sprinkling just a bit as I went to the mailbox to send off this card. Looks like the sprinkling has already stopped. So here's the card I made today for a quick thank you to my blogging friend, Candee.( http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/) She sent some goodies last week, which was so kind of her. Here's the card scoop:
the focal image is Memory Box Flowering branches; colored with copics in the BG family, along with some pinks, probably R81 & R83. I'm not good at keeping track of the colors used. I scribble a swatch, if I like the look, I go with it. Then I pick another color in the same family, and don't always use the normal Copic system of jumping 2 colors from my lightest. I just color the way it looks good to ME. Ok, so I had the image colored,ready to use. For me the hardest part is picking elements to go with the image. I used Spellbinders Large Deckled rectangle #4 to diecut the image, which looked like it would work fine. However, when I removed from the die, it had left a slip of white on each side, so back to the copics, colored the edges so the white would not be as conspicuous. Used Deckled rectangle #5 to cut the mauve mat (a Bazzill textured scrap), and #2 Deckled rectangle inside #5, to cut a frame. Not so many layers to add to the postage doing it this way. Adhered the image to the frame, then matted with a light blue from a Recollection 4.5x6.5 solids pad.  Added to a larger Design paper Recollections Watercolor Blue Ditsy (the paper still had the name at the bottom!).Found some lighter pink from the Recollection solid pad so I used good ole MS lacey punch to cut some trim pieces for each side of the mat. Then I used the same pink cardstock - leftover to cut out the Memory Box thanks (style 98240) for the sentiment. I decided to cut a blue Memory Box nestled bird (style 817) - from another scrap piece. It looked a bit bland, so I colored & shaded with copics. Added a smidge of clear Spica pen to give a little shine to the bird, popped him up, but that doesn't show up in the photo. Looking at the photo, I wish I had used a darker shade on the 'thanks'...but it has been mailed. Called lesson learned...use more contrast!!! Have a great afternoon, and as always, I appreciate any comments or feedback you might wish to leave. Constructive critique is always a help on the road to improving your skill...at anything. 

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in on your blog...you certainly have been busy ...63 posts so far this year! Congratulations girlfriend...now when are you going to get published? Lets work on that together! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete