Followers

5/19/2012

Road Trip

Good evening Blog Friends. I'm on the road, in Salisbury, NC...for a family reunion tomorrow. Stopped enroute at one of my favorite places, Scrapbook Creations, in Spartanburg SC, to pick up an order that had come in. A bunch of my stamping buddies were having a Cottage Weekend, and having great fun. Would have loved to join them, but ....family obligations come first. When we arrived at our destination, we hunted up a new stamp store (Oh Joy!!! Bet you all know what I'm talking about!). It's called Peanut Doodles, on E. Innes St. in Salisbury. It's housed in one of the charming old buildings in the city, and even though it's not a really large space, was it ever packed.(It is not a 'small' space either). Lots of variety too. Hubby waited outside in the car. Bet you know what that's like too! So of course I was trying to hurry, see everything as fast as I could - and of course I didn't see 'everything'. But enough! The owners were so pleasant, greeted me when I walked in, made me feel welcome. After asking if there was something specific I wanted - when I said "Just wanted to look around", they were gracious enough to allow me to do JUST that, without hovering at my elbow. When I had questions, the young man behind the counter came over and was very helpful. They stocked all the new Penny Black, Inky Antics, LaLa Land, Impression Obsessions, and gracious, I can't even remember all the other manufacturers. Suffice it to say, lots of others. A great supply of papers, which I didn't check out other than to recognize Graphic 45. Loads of embellishments, punches, dies, Sizzix products, glitters, Copics, you name it, I think they had it. So if you're in the vicinity, I highly recommend a leisurely visit. Maybe I can talk my stamp buddies into a road trip, leaving the Hubbys at home! Have a great evening.

1 comment: