Followers

5/27/2012

Florals - embossing - Snippets

Hey and Happy Sunday afternoon. Here's a card for today, using that very versatile Penny Black Aspire stamp. Card base is cream cardstock, embossed with Paper Studio A2 Doodle Border. Since I used lightweight C/S, I embossed 2 pieces at once, so that the embossing is not done so deeply that it nearly cuts the paper. Saved the 2nd piece (a snippet!) for this card. I had boo-boo'd when embossing the oval image (also a snippet) when I was experimenting with the new Tim Holtz colors, and got an edge where I didn't want it to be.(I heat embossed with white over a versamark stamping, then sponged with the new colors). Decided to cut a smaller oval shape in the cream cardstock - surprisingly it didn't flatten out the previous Doodle Border emboss too much. Adhered the stamped image to the back of the oval window on the embossed card stock. Used a Spellbinder scalloped oval in a size that fit where I needed - with - yes, another snippet left on the desk where I saw it! Cut this oval as a teal frame, adhered to the window...it hides the boo-boo. So one card ready for a sentiment and quick insert when I need it. (Makes me feel organized when I can get a card made ahead, and not scurry at the last minute to get one ready! :-)
I'll try to go over to The Playground, see if anybody is available today if I bring my snippets card along! http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-22.html

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Fabulous card - loving the image and teal frame. How clever embossing two pieces of lighter weight card stock at once - and a neat trick with the frame. Why are we always so honest and say where we've covered up a boo-boo, I'm just the same :)

    Glad you made it to the playground - it's so hot here there's fighting going on amongst the playmates to keep cool and I'm gonna have to buy a second paddling pool. We have a 'garden hose pipe ban' on down in Hampshire - else I'd just turn the hose on the little perishers :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goody. I goofed up and got it right! YAY...I can't take credit for the double paper idea. Candee http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/ had that idea on her blog (which is a great one if you've not checked it out. She's the queen of punches!). It's especially effective if you're using lightweight c/s...doesn't work well with the thicker papers. The lighter wt. c/s saves on the mailing if you're doing multiple layering. Thanks for your good notes - once again. I went exactly by the instructions (again!), so I'm not real certain what I did differently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea embossing two sheets. I cut a thin sheet to shreds but didn,t think to do that. Der! Off to play in the sandpit. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, another hot day here in the West Mids. Trying to find some shade in this playground. Your card has some beautiful colours, and I like the soft sponging. I see a lot of these Penny Black stamps about - must check out these images. Have a great week. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Mary, I love the background colours and what a stunning image, it's just gorgeous,
    especially with the teal nestie.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just gorgeous, Mary! LOVE the soft colors and the frame highlights the image beautifully. I have a few EF that seem to cut thru even heavier weight card stock, I'm marking those folders as I use them so I will remember to use Candee's tip next time.
    Will e mail you soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ard and a great tip too. Love the resist technique and those colours are amazing. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Aspire stamp. You've made a really lovely card with it.
    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    PS: the bottome scroll bar is constantly jumping up and down on your page . . . did you know?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete