Followers

5/22/2012

Memorial Day card

Gosh, it's afternoon awready, and this day is half over. I have managed to accomplish a few things - house chores - ugh! Now time to do a little blogging post, and see what fun I can get into this afternoon. (Once I start some laundry...another ugh). Here is the most delightful card we received last evening from Candee (http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/. The cardbase is on Kraft, the gingham DP is shaped into a BBQ apron with a raised pocket of checks trimmed with stripes.(the blue at the top of the scan is background, not paper. I couldn't crop the image, or the ribbon tie would have gotten lost).  All the cute little utensils were cut out, inserted into the apron. Such detail. There is a ribbon on each side to tie (my scan didn't get one of them), holes punched with a tied ribbon at the top, with more stripe trim. Looks like a 'real apron'!  Then the sentiment with the tiny red embellishments, which I think were done with a teeny-tiny hole punch (?), adhered to the tag. Thought it was pearls, until I felt them.  We were thrilled to have this arrive and what a thoughtful idea to send Memorial Day cards. If you haven't checked Candee's blog, do so. She has some really pretty cards, clever ideas with punches & designs, and terrific organizational tips. Thanks for joining me, and have a great afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment