Followers

5/11/2012

Thinking of you Tulips

Thanks for stopping to visit this afternoon. Our area has a beautiful sunny Carolina Blue sky kind of day, with low humidity, nice bit of breeze. Great way to start our weekend. We have a good friend who is scheduled for some scary surgery next week, and wanted her to know we are praying for a speedy recovery, so that she can get back to doing the fun things we all enjoy. Here's the card scoop:
I experimented with the camera once more, and think I did a better job with this effort. That's a needlepoint pillow bought at an antique store, long ago, in the background, and I just played with camera settings. (not sure which one I did in this final result though! LOL). Used a clear Inky Antics Tulip Oval stamp set recently purchased at http://www.scrapbkcreations.com/ colored with copics in reds, yellows and yellow greens, with a BG0000 background. If you double click on the picture, you can see the sparkle from the clear Spica pen used to highlight the tulips.Colored around the oval with a Spica Gold pen.  I had made a backgreen using Momento Bamboo Leaves, trying to replicate a technique I saw Sue (at Inky Fingers, http://suesinkyfingers.blogspot.com/2012/05/stencil-flower-video.html) do, using Hero Arts Shadow Ink. I don't have the HA shadows, so gave it a try with Momento, and mine didn't turn out as well as Sue's. (she has a very detailed video). The test background piece was on my desk, so after coloring the tulip image, diecutting with S/binders Classic Ovals Small, #5 die, I decided the green colors fit with my focal image. Had received some of the Delicata Pigment Ink Golden Glitz (love it!), so inked up the Hero Arts Flourish stamp that was also on the desk. Liked that look with the tulips so used a S/binders Floral Oval, #4 to cut & emboss for a mat. I tried different inks embossing the Sizzix Daisy blast folder, didn't like the results of any of the colors. Decided to do one more emboss with just plain white c/stock, then took a sponge dauber with the Delicata Gold to brush over the raised daisies of the emboss.I didn't put a sentiment on the front, because I felt it would distract from the tulips and mat.  Put a tiny yellow ribbon under the layers, called the front finished. Inside I stamped the Inkadinkadoo Footprints stamp in the Delicata Gold. The ink was not totally dry, so I had a little smear on the opposite insert page at the very bottom. Hunted up a Penny Black Tulips stamp that I remembered having, inked it in the same gold, and stamped a partial image to cover the 'boo-boo'. Then just stamped off the color on either side of the 1st stamping, and decided it was ok to go! I love it when I can fix my mess-ups, and still have a nice card that I feel good about sending to a friend..who is very talented herself! HAPPY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS Terri!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, the card is beautiful here, but even more so in person. Thank you for making such a beautiful card for Terri, she (and the rest of us) appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete