Followers

11/23/2016

More Autumn Motifs

Good afternoon...on Thanksgiving Eve. (is there such a phrase?). Hope your day has been good so far. We're ordering our meal from a local restaurant, and all I should have to do, is mix up the dressing, heat the food. We're having my oldest brother, SIL and my niece to join us for dinner. Should be quite nice (they know I can't cook! My famous invitation phrase to my family is: we'd love to have you join us. If you don't like the fare, there's a Burger King down the way.)

Here's 2 more fall cards I realized I've not posted. Also just added some gorgeous cards to the Cards by Friends page, so I do hope you'll have time to check those out. It's such a blessing to receive a lovely handmade card in the snail mail, and know someone thought of you, shared their talent to brighten your day. Thanks to all of  you!

 
 

 
 
Forgot which company made the first image, but think it may have been Whipper Snapper*, because I like their designs. #2 definitely is a Whipper Snapper. Both are colored with Copics. On #1, I messed up the center lavender mum with the coloring. Decided to restamp just the flower part of the image, use different colors for the lavender shades, fussy cut it, and plopped it over the floral portion of the already colored remainder. Die cut with a rectangle, did 2 faux mats (traced the die, then traced 2nd time with more margin).
 
* #1 is an Our Daily Bread cling stamp
 
Embossing folder is a very old C/B pumpkin motif. Think the sentiment die was from a fall or October set from Taylored Expressions.
 
#2, was die cut with an older S/B pumpkin die; again, did the faux mat behind the die. The leaf border was an experiment with alcohol inks dropped on glossy card stock. Rather a Bokeh look to it, so just took the applicator tool, that had some wet remaining alcohol ink on it, daubed it around over the Bokeh dots, to smudge it up a bit. Looked like fall colored leaves to me, so die cut a border. Other 2 leaves tucked around are from the soda can metal (believe these leaves are from the Tim Holtz set that is out on the market just now).
 
There's one more card that I'll share with a scheduled post for tomorrow...I hope you're not sick of the fall/Thanksgiving cards! Sorry, but it's what I've been working on of late, so there it is!
 
Thanks for joining me, and big hugs to all of you. I hope my UK friends have a dry day. Seems as though you've had a lot of rain. We have a 'clear air' day, and I need to run some errands! Bye!
 
  

26 comments:

  1. Two wonderful autumn cards Mary. And wonderful cards by friends.
    Love all the used autumnal colours. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't celebrate thanksgiving in Norway. We seem to adopt many holidays that are not our own, but not thanksgiving and that's one I think would be really nice to have. To me it sounds like having a pre-Christmas party. 2 lovely cards. One elegant and one fun. I love the pumpkin shape of the image on your second card as well the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Autumn cards Mary. I especially like the second one, a great idea putting the image in a pumpkin shaped frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super fall cards Mary, lovely images and super colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful cards Mary, my kind of colours too,beautifully designed.
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with your family, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Autumn cards Mary, Happy Thanks giving
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are stunning, Mary!! I love the pretty fall scenes on both!! They look amazing!! I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Thanksgiving my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your autumn card Mary - and I think your save on the top card was wonderful. Love the alcohol inked border on the second card - it's stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very quick visit to look at your latest creation and also ask that if you have the new blogger dashboard changes and dislike it as much as most seem to, then would you please take a quick look at my post today and add your support.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both wonderful autumn cards! Love the pumplin diecut! Enjoy the autumnweather...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Mary.

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, Lovely cards.

    Hope you enjoy the meal with your brother, sil and nice. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two more lovely fall scenes, Mary! Love the die cut pumpkin shape and the alcohol ink leaves! And the pumpkin embossing and fussy cut mats showcase the fall bouquet beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty autumn cards, Mary. Love the gorgeous designs and the pretty fall colors. Great philosophy for the dinner too. We tell our kids when they come home if you can find it you can eat it. LOL. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, I am not fed up of fall cards, it is such a lovely time of year and I just love the warm colours you are showing us in your beautiful cards today! I hope you and the family have a lovely Thanksgiving get together. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these autumn cards. The nice colouring of the flowers even if that is a 2nd timer. Hint never hold your colouring pencil near your image when you sneeze:) Been there and done that. Love the 2nd card with the leaf die cut design which is beautiful! We celebrate in October which I find perfect. A free day off and farther away from Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely both, Mary!! Amazing autumnal makes! Your colouring is so beautiful on the flowers in the pot! Love expecially the second one card with the stunning pumpkin shaped aperture and the amazing leaves. That cool owl makes me smile!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. More beautiful cards Mary...love all those beautiful fall colors. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bow to you on the fussy cutting of those flowers! There is no doubt in my mind that I would not have done this but how beautiful it turned out! What a great save. Both your cards are gorgeous, Mary! I love the pumpkin card and the "pumpkin" framing of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful Thanksgiving cards Mary and I am not tired of seeing them as you have made a great job of all of them. I love the colours and the flower you fussy cut to put over the top fits in perfectly. I love both the embossing and the pretty leaves backgrounds, and the pumpkin shaped layer die looks wonderful on the second card. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodness, but your gathering sounds like lots of fun! Wish I lived close by because I'd love to bring desserts by and share how thankful I am for you! Both cards are just beautiful Momma Mary! I love your coloring on both of them as well. I can't believe Thanksgiving is all but over and next is Christmas. Time marches on doesn't it?! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are both just lovely, Mary ... that pumpkin vase is especially fun on the first one! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I say there is nothing wrong with those pre-made store bought Thanksgiving dinners. I've done a few in my time as well. We were to have gourmet nachos for dinner but our plans fell thru (the theater with the gourmet nachos wasn't showing the movie we wanted to see so we had really bad nachos from a regular theater instead).

    I like both your fall cards although I have to say that the second one catches my eye the most.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Autumn cards and love the die-cut running down the border on the second one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Autumn is absolutely my fave time of year with the colors and crisp air! You've captured it all beautifully in your designs here!! I especially love the floral motif on top! Beautifully colored and so well done for both of them! I hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving! HUGS

    ReplyDelete