Followers

12/09/2015

Birthday Truck

Hi, and thanks for popping in for a visit today. It's been quiet here of late, but I'm busy with other things just at the moment. First, please say hello to a new friend, Lia of ...Lia's Design and so...... Always happy when I find a new face in the followers' list, and enjoy getting to know a fellow cardmaker. I hope you'll look in on Lia's blog, and say hi to her when you can! Thanks.

Now a card that nearly didn't get made, 'cause I was busy with Christmas stuff. The image was colored, on the desk, but I let the time slip up on me. So the card will probably arrive late...oh well.


 - CC Designs Gone Fishing image, colored with copics, some WoS, and glossy accents on the windows & water. More about the Glossy in a bit. DH liked the way the rusty truck turned out. I did too. The card is for our best friend who lives up in New England, has a truck, likes to fish.

Diecut the image with an MFT Xstitched  rectangle(99127), which cuts a frame & then there is the center piece separate. Who knew? I'd never used this die previously I guess, cause I was just expecting to get the image stamped out with stitching around the edges. Found a previously created background that looked ok with the colors of the truck scene. Recut from black c/s & glued down the black frame. Then added more glue & some adhesive to the back of the center piece, and carefully fitted into the frame. I liked the effect, just surprised when die cutting revealed there were 2 shapes!Now there is a frame that came from the truck motif - if I remember I have it!

- S/Binders tag cut from a white snippet a sentiment from HLS Fun Birthday Sentiments with a Memento Espresso Truffle (brown) ink pad. It looked too 'white' so did a little edge smudge with the same ink. Probably should have used a cream c/s, but the white snippet was handy!

During the organizational effort, found 3 large bottles of glossy accents..dunno how long I've had them OR how long these had been on the store shelves either. The small needle nose bottle I use, needed some added, so glopped in some, from one of the bottles. Used this glossy accents as usual on the water, windows...looked fine. Next morning, after drying, the effect looks a bit 'crazed', not smooth as usual. I don't know if this happened because the product is old (I know that it can yellow when it dries, because I've had that happen, and this stuff is supposed to dry clear). I did nothing different, but got a different effect when it was dry. It was ok on this particular image, but I might not be so happy if it happens on another one. So just an FYI in case it happens to you.

This will be a scheduled post, and as you are reading it, we are visiting an Ikea store about 2 hours north of us, looking for some more small Alex cabinets. Not a lot of organizational progress has been made, but at least the last Alex cabs have found a place to roost. At least for now. Do you ever feel that you've let your craft mess get to the point, where you just don't know where to start? That's ME!

Do check out the Cards by Friends tab to enjoy our latest cards. We've received several, but just haven't had time to photo and share - but I will. Promise!

Also don't forget to check out the sale going on over at DeeDee's Digis - DeeDee's shop will be closing as of December 31 and while we are very sad to hear this, if you want to get some really cute designs, at fantastic prices, better get over while these are still available.

Thanks for joining me today. God bless & Hugs. Have a wonderful day.

42 comments:

  1. I've seen this image around Mary..but you've done a spectacular job with it Mary..love the color on the truck you chose, it really pops off the page! Hope you have a wonderful day, our weather here has been so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a fabulous image which you have coloured beautifully Mary. Love the rustic look of this old truck and your black frame sets it off perfectly from the background.
    I have quite a few things hiding in my craft room :/ I really must try to get things organised again in the New Year. I've only been in this particular room just over a year, it started off beautifully organised and tidy but it's surprising how it's filled up in that time and become rather hard to find what I want.
    Enjoy your trip to Ikea.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is the best masculine card EVER! So gorgeous! Reminds me of my Papa's truck... Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very quick visit Mary as knee deep in samples for CHA in a few weeks, but had to say how I love your card today, has hints of warmer (for us here in the UK) days which is very welcome.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary
    Fabulous card... Love the image... Stunning card ...,
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, Love the card.

    Hope you found the cabinets you wanted.

    Take care.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is stunning, Mary!! I love the scene!! You colored it beautifully!! The background looks amazing!! This is so fabulous my friend!! It will be adored by the recipient!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, love your card, I think the image of the old truck is brilliant, super colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Mary love your image.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Mary, what a beautiful scene!
    Absolutely Fabulous!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card, Mary. I love old trucks and your whole scene is just beautiful. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super card Mary, such a fabulous scene and beautifully coloured - a striking design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Mary that card is amazing, the colouring is just wonderful.
    Love it,
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS image and perfect coloring!!! I can just see myself in that picture getting ready to hit the pond fishing. So pretty and your coloring is over the top sensational on this Mary. He's going to love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even if it was late, I bet it was truly appreciated, it is wonderful and your colouring is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Mary, a fantastic scene and glorious colours, same about the glossy accents but can't see anything wrong from here.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous male image Mary and beautifully coloured. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you colored this vintage truck and the card is so special for the recipient! The framework is perfect for a guy and gives a real outdoors feeling too! Have fun shopping at IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will you share before and after photos after the Alex shelves are installed? BEAUTIFUL card, Mary! Your colors are fabulous! Happy organizing! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous coloring job you did on this Mary! Love that image! I'm sure it will be very well received. Hope you got all your storage needs picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous card Mary - love that image, and it is beautifully coloured, and the coloured background layer is perfect, especially with the black to accentuate it!
    As for the mess in my craft space.... lets just say i know the feeling about not knowing where to start to tidy it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is bright and fun-even if it arrives late the person will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful scene with wonderful colouring! The glossy accents looks great, and I think that even it's old and the effect isn't not smooth, you could use it for crackling!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow amazing coloring Mary! everything about this card is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's me too. A day late and a dollar short. LOL! But seriously this is a beautiful card and I doubt the recipient will mind that it's late. I'm sure it will put a huge smile on their face. Beautifully colored and I love the framing you did. I'm spending the day with my daughter today and doing anything she wants to do. We haven't done that in quite some time so it should be fun! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Card Mary!! You did a great job with it

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a wonderful image Mary and beautifully coloured and the black frame makes it really pop and your background is such lovely colours and goes perfectly. I hope you find what you found what you needed at the IKEA store. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your coloring job is *SQUEE* fantastic! Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a lovely card Mary. I love the scene and how you've coloured it all. It's nice to look at a warm sunny card. Hope you manage to get what you want at the store. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful coloured scene card Mary, love the framing and gorgeous colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Flippin eck Mary!!! I balk about travelling an hour to Ikea let alone 2!! And we don't talk about Mr and his moaning about Ikea. He says he is allergic to the place!! I have to say that they are a crafter's best friend!!
    Lovely card there. Now if the truck was red, you could make that into a C card!!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome truck, Mary! Great job of coloring as always and I love the framing even if it wasn't what you planned! Hope you found what you were looking for at Ikea and had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope you got your IKEA cabinets, Mary! Good for you for doing some organizing! Wish I were there to help; you know I love doing that as much as crafting! Your pickup truck scene is colored beautifully. I'm glad the crazed glaze worked for this and appreciate the tip to be wary of the older bottles! I'll probably be back before Christmas, but in case I'm not, I wish you and Joe a blessed Christmas!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic card Mary. You've outdone yourself with the colouring ... it looks like a painting to me that should be hung on a wall!

    A craft mess?? I don't even remember back to when I wasn't in a mess. And I just keep buying ... with no place to store my new toys. My next job is organizing my studio. I think a trip to Ikea will be in store for me too ... or maybe I'll just have them delivered - even better! :) At this point, I think I'll have to remove everything from my room, and then start putting it back ... in an orderly fashion. My guess is it will take a year. :) And by then, I'll have LOTS of new stuff. That's how it goes. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super card Mary. Lovely image which you've coloured wonderfully xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning image and colouring Mary, it's such a lovely scene. Hope you found what you was looking for at IKEA, have a lovely weekend sweetie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous birthday card...love that truck and your coloring as always is so amazing. What a wonderful scene you have created, reminds me of my dad and his fishing trips, so many wonderful memories, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautifully coloured scene, Mary ... the detailing is amazing! Hope your trip to Ikea was a successful one ... oh for Alex cabinets! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE LOVE this card, reminds me of Summer, beautiful colouring Mary, I like the idea of gloss on the water and windows, must try that. Great die with the sentiment, fabulous masculine card.

    I usually find the glossy accent cracks if I put it on too thick.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice card a treat away from snow men and jingle bells >>>>>>Lis

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love to make Christmas cards all year round, but no time to make anything else at the moment. So I quite look forward to making something else and this masculine and colorful creation gives me a nice break from Christmas. I think this is beautiful work, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, fabulous card, great coloring Mary!

    ReplyDelete