Followers

12/04/2015

HLS December Christmas Challenge - Star

Welcome to the last Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge of 2015! This month our challenge theme is STAR.
 
 

Our Challenge Sponsor is Happy Little Stampers

 
 
The winner of December's challenge will receive this stamp
 
 
Let's get started with my first card using some created backgrounds:
 
 
 
 
- Lil Inker Stitched Stars from bkground created by rubbing DI Blueprint Sketch, directly to c/s, generous inking. Spritzed a floral stamp with some pearly spray, and did a ghost stamping over the inked paper. Didn't show up very well, so.....die cut the stars. The top right star was rolled through a crimper to give some texture. Both stars had some Delicata Silver color rubbed around. Silver paper and silver glitter paper star centers added.
 
- another background, sprayed with Dylusions London Blue, spritzed with a Tattered Angels gold spray. While still wet, sprinkled some white brusho crystals over it. Then die cut with a Wplus9 Starry background die (this is small, so did the first cut, then reversed the c/s and cut the other side. This left a small impression, so the rhinestone snowflakes were added to conceal this). Gold glitter paper placed behind the starry background.
 
- Vellum stamped with HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments  using Delicata Silver, then heat embossed with Judikins Aegean Silver. Tiny silver stars cut with MB Precious Stars (small die); added in some of the Starry background confetti stars.
 
OK...I wasn't totally happy with #1 so decided to work on #2, and go for a more natural effect.
 
 
 
- Paper Studio Handmade Paper (VOS) covered the top fold card.
 
- Balsa wood 'paper' cut with the Simon Says Chisholm Wreath and very pleased to say it cut this fairly intricate die quite well on this thicker paper product. Used several passes, but it cut nicely.
 
- MB Precious Stars(large die) cut from some Very Old Stash old gold textured paper. I liked the texture look.
 
-  HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments stamped on vellum, inked with Delicata Gold, and heat embossed with Sparkle n Sprinkle Pebbled Copper Opaque EP. This is not a detail EP, and so it didn't give the fine detail on the lettering. However, I decided to go with it as is, because it sort of goes with the 'natural' look of the rest of the card. The tiny cardinals are part of the Chisolm Wreath set, cut at the same time as the wreath.  
 
HLS has some great stamp sets available, and I'm finding the sentiment sets to be so useful. Now do be sure to check out what my fellow DT members have shared for the HLS December Christmas challenge, and perhaps you could win this month's prize stamp set.
 
Thanks for visiting, and hope you enjoy both of these STAR cards! Hugs & God Bless.   

43 comments:

  1. Fabulous background and really lovely stars, gorgeous card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, great CAS second card too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Mary, such pretty blues and fabulous background on the first one and brilliant CAS design for the second.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue card with the stitched stars is gorgeous with that beautiful background and vellum panel! The dangling star is equally lovely within such a pretty wreath of gold! Gorgeous cards, both of them! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful star cards Mary ... they are both creative and on the opposite ends of style. Your natural star with the wreath is so pretty and folksy ... and your blue and silvery stars is so artsy. Great job!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different cards Mary! Love the background on the first and the simplicity of the second. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two incredible masterpieces, Mary! Beautiful cards with lovely textures!
    Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your star cards, Mary. Wonderful layering on the blue one with great use of mixed media. And CAS perfection on the wreath one! So glad you're on the Design Team with me at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are so gorgeous!! I really love the background of the first one!! The wreath is beautiful on the second!! Love these both my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know the way to my heart when you use stars! LOVE this. The Blueprint Sketch distress ink is so pretty. Also love the rustic feel and yet beauty, of the second card too. Great on both.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these cards. I have read and reread the way you did the blue background but still am not "getting" it. Maybe I am tired but I bet i have to see it visually to understand. I love the 2nd card and the nice way you made the wreath-both are really nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to my blog Mary and thank you for your lovely comment!
    I like your star cards very much and maybe I will join the challenge if I can find enough time to make a card!
    Hugs,
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Mary, This is fabulous! Love the stars and the addition of the vellum. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous pair of cards Mary and I love the variety of design methods used. I can't work out why you weren't so pleased with the first one - it is so creative and artsy looking, and I love the bold colours! The second CAS design is lovely and the wreath is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The one in blue is so beautiful with all the little stars
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are beautiful Mary, I must admit I really love the first one as blue is my all time favourite colour for Christmas and Blueprint Sketch is my favourite of Tim's new colours. The second card is beautiful too, the wreath looks very elegant. Hugs, Anne xx

    PS I may have to change my favourite of Tim's new colours, I think the new red is stunning too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary, Love the cards. The blue one really stands out.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both your cards are just perfect Mary! All that blue goodness and the stars on the first is amazing. I didn't even know you could get brushos in white so that is going on my list! The second card features that amazing wreath. Gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great cards!! Love that background on your first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mary I wanted to thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog it was so lovely to see you had visited. Mary I don't know why you were not happy with the first card it is beautiful and sparkly the second one is also lovely, super cards
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the blue background of the first card Mary - like the sky itself. Great background for your two sparkly stars! That little wreath is so cute on the second and of course I love your little cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you experiment and proceed for try and errors, and change your make more and more time :) These cards are both beautiful, but I like so much expecially the first one: your blue background is just wonderful and the stars (little and big)look really great!
    Have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love them both, but the blue is my favourite, the background is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards Mary, enjoy the weekend sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are both beautiful mary - but I love that blue one especially - right up my alley!!! beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two beautiful cards Mary, gorgeous colour and texture on your first card, elegant cream/white CAS card.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the texture in the first card
    The second card..........that wreath would also be perfect for Easter .......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards Mary and I love that pretty blue background on the first, and those unusual papers on the second especially the balsa wood paper with which you have cut out the twiggy wreath and lots of sparkle for the stars and the sentiments. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous starry sky on the first card, Mary! Love the background and all the textures! And I love the CAS wreath with the precious star and different textures! Great idea to use the wood for the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards Mary! Love your use of the stars, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Not happy with the first card?????? It's wonderful, love the colour and the hint of gold, love the layered stars and all the texture.
    Balsa wood "paper" how fabulous and the wreath is beautiful so are the birds. Love how you have the star hanging from in the wreath. Lovely sentiment on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love everything about this card... it's beautiful and has so many elements to look at, the background the texture the stars the color... awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two beauty's Mary, I adore that blue colour on the first and the fab stars, the second is just a fabulous design, lovely work!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two very pretty cards, Mary. The first has me drooling over the background...and the second has me drooling over the simplistic beauty of the whole thing. I am not good at those kind of cards...yet I love them when others make them.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cards Mary!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  36. Two stunning cards Mary - I love the second one in particular.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous cards, Mary! Love the mixed media blue card so much, quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are both gorgeous Mary. Not sure which I like more.
    Well done. I may even have to join in!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards Momma Mary! I love the first one, the blues and silver shimmer is so pretty together. Love the touch of yellow in the stars as well. Your second card is pretty too, I so love the country feel of this card and is right up my alley! I think you have a hit with both of these cards! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  40. I keep staring at that blue card and still can't quite figure out how you made that amazing background! This is really something else - it looks like a daylight galaxy - FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  41. A duo of starry delights, Mary ... one crisp and deliciously CAS, the other dreamy and magical ... and both gorgeos! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. You made another two beautiful card. The first card is my favorite color and the other in my favorite style of CAS. Congratulations.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete