Followers

3/24/2014

Another Butterfly

Hello & welcome to my world. I'm stuck on Butterfly cards lately, it seems. Several that I've posted in the last few days have been incomplete projects that I just was not in the mood to work on & finish. Today's gelato Stampin Up Butterfly is one of those.

Colored the stamp with Gelatos & spritzed with water. Did several stamped images (?called generations?) some time back. This one was later overstamped with the same image, inked in black, sprayed some tattered angels gold on it, not crazy about how it looked at the time. After playing around with Dylusions sprays for a while, I guess I'm not quite so anal with the spatters & blobs, so had a relook at this guy. Now the card was propped up straight on the candle topper, against the back of the plastic light box I've been using. I don't know why it looks 'tilted'. Was I too close, shooting from an above angle...???What?



- gelato covered Stampin up Butterfly*  spritzed - gives a water color look. See above blah-blah.

- Cut the image into 3 rectangles, using a trimmer. Cut black mats - just eyeballing around the image to get a narrow border (yes, I have the Perfect Rulers, didn't use 'em!). Adhered the cuts to the rectangles, without really paying close attention to the image placement (see the center portion...not matching up as well as could be). This guy really makes a big card if the entire image is used. One pretty butterfly though.

- adhered to a textured sage Bazzill card base. Cut a backing from white c/s, leaving a hinge to glue the green front to, so the card opens. Hinge is inside, and will be covered with insert paper.

- Elizabeth Craft die cut sentiment from black glitter snippet, and 2 sizes of black pearls added. (looks like the center one has slid out of alignment, so that must be fixed before mailing.)

Anyhoo...that's it for the butterflies I think. Needs must get on to bunny cards. Thanks for visiting, lovely as always to have you drop in. Have a great start of the week. Hugs.


24 comments:

  1. What a great way to display your vibrant butterfly - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design, Mary, and that butterfly is gorgeous. I have never used gelatos and really should give them a try. Guess I could get a few in between getting Copics. Goodness, no end to the buying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly, so colourful. I have no idea what gelatos are but the effect is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly looks amazing!! I love the colors!! I need to play with my gelatos more...you have inspired me!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Mary. Almost psychedelic. Looks a lot like those tie-dye shirts. Really neat. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have done this your butterfly looks great. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mary, lots of inkyness going on there. Looking forward to seeing the bunnies x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous butterfly image and love the effect with image cut into three
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this large butterfly. The colours are perfect against the black card. I had to put the butterflies away last week too and work on some bunnies. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get technique with this butterfly. I know how it goes that sometimes you start things and they don't work out but later you can mess around with them and get them to come out good. This one is definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary! Glad you managed to link up in my candy and i hope your blogging problems are all sorted. I'm sure blogger just likes to mess us about from time to time!
    Another gorgeous butterfly card Mary, fabulous technique!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous coloring Mary!!! So bold and Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I'm loving the lovely bright colours you have used for your butterfly, Mary!!! Great idea to do the three panels! Beautiful card!!
    Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! these techniques look fabulous with this gorgeous image, Mary! LOVE the butterfly, your choice of colors, and the pretty gelatos technique, combined with the sprays. Dividing it in three was a great way to show off the details. Amazing card - not sure what you mean by tilted - but I love this card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Momma Mary, this butterfly is amazing! I love how you used the gelato's on this one. So pretty and colorful, but the blackout line still shows through. Yes, this is a huge stamp and makes a huge card, one of the reasons I didn't get it, but I still love it and still think that I will get it. lol You have used it so beautifully. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Mary just love that butterfly and colored so pretty :) Cool technique with the splitting it up on 3 spots

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your black matting adds to the dramatic feel of your beautifully colored butterfly. It's another work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another gorgeous butterfly Mary and love all the colours. Such a great idea to split it into three as it a big butterfly it works perfectly, x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary, this is really lovely. It's great that you try out new techniques and this piece is really dramatic. It's beautiful. Well done you!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mary, what a gorgeous vibrant and colourful butterfly. Beautiful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey cute lady - I really need to come down and spend a couple of days with you so I can get some private lessons - do you have a guest bedroom? Your card is smashing and I love it.
    Woke up this morning with the most beautiful blanket of snow - snow flurries off and on today but sun out most of the time.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These colors are amazing, Mary! And the black border really pops it. Just gorgeous.. truly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not sure how I missed this one but I'm glad I made it now! What a gorgeous butterfly, Mary! I need to get my stamp out and show it some love!

    ReplyDelete