Followers

3/25/2014

Sweet Stamps Easter Bunny - Easel Card

Good evening, and thanks for joining me as I listen to the wind howling round the corners of the house. First, let me apologize to my recent visitors for my slowness in getting back to visit you. I've had blogger issues recently, and today was an away from the house day for  us. I will get back to visit, I promise. Hopefully tomorrow.

Here's my first ever easel card. I can see that I need more practice, but ...well, here we go.


- Sweet Stamps Easter bunny image, colored with copics (very easy coloring too), die cut with S/B deckled oval. Popped up with dimensional foam.

- S/B Lattice die for the mat. (Orange is not a color I think of for Easter, but with the orange-coral tones of the lily, and the fact that there was a Dylusions sprayed piece rejected from Halloween*, well, there you go. Just added some more of a new Dylusion color [Tangerine, diluted with white linen & water]. A little gold glimmer with Tattered angels).

- Memory Box leaf die (green snippet)

- white lace from stash colored with puddles of wet spray left over & made a bow.

- card background was a rectangle of silky fabric texture floral wall paper, in cream/taupe colors. Sprayed with the Tangerine dilution. Let it dry, resprayed. The fabric does not take the ink very well as it beaded up quite a lot. I liked the patterns the ink created so decided to use it for the card background.


- opened fully to reveal the inside layer. A Memory Box stencil was taped to the white base, inked heavily with Versa Mark. Removed stencil. Sprinkled Copper EP and heat embossed. Intended to use some Distress Inks to color this, but liked it as it was, so left it alone. Leaf shape is not adhered yet...still thinking about leaving it or not. Eggs cut from snippets using a S/B D-lite die Wonderful Locket (S2-076) - just the interior portion, which reminded me of an egg shape. Orange lattice backing the sentiment was a smaller shape from the Lattice Die - snippet from the orange paper*. Handcut the white snippet for the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes set - using Lime Green (Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink).


 Two more pics - just so you know it really is an Easel card! Hope to do another attempt so that I'm not just making the same ole same ole.  Hope you like this one. *This orange paper had been sprayed with a pumpkin stencil last Halloween. The additional spraying of the Dylusions ink covered the pattern quite well.

Submitting to Pixie's Snippet Playground Week 117. C'mon, let's go visit with Parsnip & all the Playground folks. It's going to be worth your time, I promise...so many lovely projects to inspire you.  Come again when you have time as it's always so lovely to have visitors pop round. Hugs.



29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Easter easel card Mary, I like the image the way you have framed him the colours and the die cuts,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really nice creation. Super coloring and great choice of colors too. Love it.

    No post tonight for me. Late tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous card, love it
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter card, love the bunny image. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Mary a lovely card, great image and you have mastered the easel perfectly x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great first easel card, you should do more. I love making easel cards and sending them without instructions on how to display them! It's great fun watching people trying to work it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and I love the stencil work. Such a darling image and it is colored so nicely. Hope your wind died down, ours is picking up now. Only an inch of snow predicted though so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Easter card, Miss Mary! Such delightful colors and a wonderful easel card! (your shading looks amazing and the background are awesome!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute Easter bunny and I love that fabric textured background. You made it look so pretty, too. You colored your image so pretty. I made a pop-up easel card a few weeks ago and it will be showing up in a few weeks. I have a stash that will be showing up. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure why you think you need more practice with the easel card design Momma Mary, because what I'm seeing tells me you don't! I love, love this cute easel card! That bunny is adorable and I love how you colored him and his flower. I can't believe that the background was left over from Halloween, I love it for your Easter card! I also love all the colors you have used on this card. Your inside is fabulous as well. You should be proud of how your first easel card came out!! Love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Mary. You did a fab job. Love the new look of your blog. :-) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous Easter creation Mary. Such a cute little bunny, love the coloring and the easel card fits the theme so well. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mary, this is really pretty. I love the bright colors on the front and you did a great job with the embossing powder and stencil. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, the orange looks fantastic for this Easter card......and an Easel one at that!!! It's beautiful and love all the different elements!! Precious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a fabulous job on your first easel card, Mary!! The image is so sweet!! You colored it beautifully!! I love the background and details!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie image, love how everything is put together, Inside is cute too

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done great with your first easel card, Mary!! Such lovely strong colours and the little bunny is just soooo cute!! Great colouring!! Lovely card!!
    Greetings from Africa!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully colored bunny and a wonderful background as always, Mary! Love the easel card. This lovely image should be displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great easel card looks fine to me-I love the cute image and great background
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card Mary - and you certainly don't need any practice making perfect easel cards! Nailed it first time gal! Gorgeous colours too.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a lovely easel card! I liked your openness in writing the post :) The leaves are good and I think you can leave them on :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The orange looks great, Mary. You rocked this easel card. (I've never made one.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very pretty Easter card Mary, and the way you have stencilled the front part using the versamark and EP has worked brilliantly. Love the cute bunny too which you have coloured beautifully, and the die cut leaves and the ribbon are lovely finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet Easter card. I love the orange and all the elements to look at on this card. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute and adorable Esel Card,,,,Mary,,, love the way you color the cute bunny.-

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is gorgeous Mary! The image is so cute and you coloured her beautifully too. A stunning first easel card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mary . . . well this is just a superb Easter easel card. Top marks.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your easel card looks fabulous. I love the look of these and yours is no exception!

    Great card, Mary.

    ReplyDelete