Today's card is a LaLa Digi purchased last year. Just checked the site & it's apparently on sale now. Purchased Luca and the Marci digi shown in an earlier post, & forgot I had them. I like LaLa Land stamps, but they are really not the type I would use a lot, so that's why I decided to get these as digi-s. (and they were less inexpensive than the one wooden stamp I had purchased...which is a Halloween Marci). Also the St. Patrick theme was another reason I thought digi would work better, since it would be used infrequently.
Here's the card:
- Digi printed on Xpress paper, dried overnight, heat set. Still had a bit of ink smudge on his face, but once colored with copics, not as noticeable. Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer on the gold coins, his shoes, vest buttons, cane & hat buckle. I got carried away with the lacquer, but it does look nice IRL.
- S/B Majestic Labels 25 die cut. Edged outline of die cut with the wedge end of a Copic Sketch marker in dark green after seeing Christine's card doing a similar technique with an ink pad. Christine provides the link to a Becca Feeken tutorial showing how to do this. After watching Becca's video, I thought that I'd try the marker. It worked as I'd hoped. Thanks for this idea, Christine!
- Dylusions sprayed background in various shades of green, some diluted - some not, then sprayed with a Tattered Angels gold spray. The gold doesn't show in the photo, but has a nice glimmer on the background.
- S/B Mbossibility Flower Fun used to emboss the green background.
- Paper roses were from VOS stash, as were the plastic shamrocks.
- Cardz TV St. Patrick's Day stamp set for the sentiment, stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink (Warm Green), punched with SU scallop punch. Outlined witht he same green Copic wedge tip as used on the S/B frame.
Debated on having a border midway behind Luca, decided I wanted to let the embossed background have center stage along with this little Irish lad.
I'll be back in just a bit with a bit of enabling. Just playing forward what someone passed along to me.
In the meantime, have as wonderful a Monday as possible. Sending many hugs & thanks for taking time to visit here.