Followers

3/03/2014

Irish Luca from LaLa Land Celebrates St. Patrick's Day

Good afternoon & welcome. Pull up a chair & let's talk! Hope that the weather in your part of the world is not terribly dreadful. Just saw pictures of Washington DC on the news, and apparently government offices are closed today due to the storm. I know that many of my readers are up in the states being hard hit with this last storm, so I hope you can stay inside, be safe & warm. If you're having to shovel snow or be out on any ice...please be so careful! Upstate South Carolina has some rain off & on, but otherwise our area is fine. Let's all hope this is Winter's last hurrah. I know that many of my International visitors have terrible rains & flooding. I'm reading that when I surf to so many of the UK bloggers' sites. I keep you all in my prayers.

Today's card is a LaLa Digi purchased last year. Just checked the site & it's apparently on sale now. Purchased Luca and the Marci digi shown in an earlier post, & forgot I had them. I like LaLa Land stamps, but they are really not the type I would use a lot, so that's why I decided to get these as digi-s. (and they were less inexpensive than the one wooden stamp I had purchased...which is a Halloween Marci). Also the St. Patrick theme was another reason I thought digi would work better, since it would be used infrequently.

Here's the card:

 

- Digi printed on Xpress paper, dried overnight, heat set. Still had a bit of ink smudge on his face, but once colored with copics, not as noticeable. Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer on the gold coins, his shoes, vest buttons, cane & hat buckle. I got carried away with the lacquer, but it does look nice IRL.

- S/B Majestic Labels 25 die cut. Edged outline of die cut with the wedge end of a Copic Sketch marker in dark green after seeing Christine's card doing a similar technique with an ink pad. Christine provides the link to a Becca Feeken tutorial showing how to do this. After watching Becca's video, I thought that I'd try the marker. It worked as I'd hoped. Thanks for this idea, Christine!

-  Dylusions sprayed background in various shades of green, some diluted - some not, then sprayed with a Tattered Angels gold spray. The gold doesn't show in the photo, but has a nice glimmer on the background.

- S/B Mbossibility Flower Fun used to emboss the green background.

- Paper roses were from VOS stash, as were the plastic shamrocks.

- Cardz TV St. Patrick's Day stamp set for the sentiment, stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink (Warm Green), punched with SU scallop punch. Outlined witht he same green Copic wedge tip as used on the S/B frame.

Debated on having a border midway behind Luca, decided I wanted to let the embossed background have center stage along with this little Irish lad.

I'll be back in just a bit with a bit of enabling. Just playing forward what someone passed along to me.
In the meantime, have as wonderful a Monday as possible. Sending many hugs & thanks for taking time to visit here.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Becca has some great ideas, doesn't she? Your digi is a real cutie with his pot of gold. Wonderful Irish card, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT coloring. Cute and fun card. Green just happens to be one of my favorite colors. Wonder why? Forget me being the pot of gold I want THAT pot of gold. LOL

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, a superb St. Patty's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. I love your St. Patricks day cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!! Your coloring is perfect!! Love the pretty flowers and the embossing!! What an awesome St. Patty's Day card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, CUTE!!! That little guy is a cutie and I love the way you colored his face - and also the rest of him of course. Perfect card for St. Paddy's Day!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Mary, love the embossing. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright and cheerful card Mary love the little shamrocks x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the flashy green color on this sweet card! Cute image, fabulous background, and bring on St Patrick's day I say! We dodged the bullet, getting only a dusting of snow.........whew!! I'm SO happy I could dance ;) The storm shifted over 200 miles south and gave us a major break. Unusual, but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous mmary, I like the sweet image the vibrant colour and the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely St. Patrick's Day card Mary. Love the greens you have used and the image is so cute. Like the roses to finish and the shamrock. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww... Mary He's so CUTE!!! Love the way you colored him. So Fun and bright!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luca is a wonderful St Patrick's Day image and your colouring of him is incredible! I love the little shamrocks you have added too. I also read your enabling post, there are certainly some good bargains to be had. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cut as punch and I am so far behind my head is spinning!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Mary, another cute card you have made, love it!

    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another Great St Pat day card with that gorgeous green,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card there Mary. Lovely colours used and love that die cut shape!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful St. Patty's card Momma Mary! I love how you have colored this cutie, the edging on your die cut is really nice-love that and may have to try it out. Your embossed background is lovely and I love how pretty your background is with your beautiful sprays of color. Love your roses and love your sentiment. You rocked this card!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your background is so pretty with the varied shades of green. The little digi is adorable and so are the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling little leprechaun, Mary! LOVE the sentiment! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very, very sweet and cute, Mary!!! Great colouring and loving the bright greens!! The little roses at the top is lovely!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete