Hello & welcome. Twice a month there is a wonderful Christmas Club group that I was lucky enough to join. Every other week there is a Christmas theme for which we make a card. The lovely Margaret of Dutchess selected Robins as the theme for today's challenge.
Upstate South Carolina has lots of Robins - and there are already some flying about. Recently purchased some vintage bird images, and one was used for today's card (and please don't notice that they really look more like bluebirds...old eyesight probably!) These remind me of the red breasted robins that hop around in our lawn. I meant to shade them darker colors...but these are so lovely, I just couldn't. So please indulge me and pretend these look more grayish brown like a 'real robin' does!
Here's the card:
- Nice Crane Design - Vintage Birds Greeting card set. Printed 2 images on Xpress paper. Die cut one image using Sizzix Indented Rectangles die (657569). Fussy cut the 3 birds from the second print; shaped each bird with a stylus and adhered to the main image. Sponged DI Tea Dye & Vintage Photo around the edges, and did just a small bit of shading on the birds, using a Spica pen to highlight their eyes.
- Stamped Stampendous Christmas Background on white c/s, sponged DI Vintage Photo around the edges, then airbrushed with E40, E41 in the center portion. Adhered to a white card base and curled opposite edges. (The outer dark blue is the background for the photo).
- airbrushed some lace from stash with E43 to create an aged look, and placed on the stamped base, trying not to hide a lot of the printed background.
- mounted the focal image using dimensional foam.
- Die_namites Elegant Holly die (DN-1064) cut from a green snippet; snipped apart the diecut to place around the image, then added some red rhinestones for bling.
A very easy & fun card to make and I hope you'll join me in pretending these pretty birds can masquerade as Robins! Have a lovely afternoon, thanks for stopping to visit, and as always, Hugs.