Followers

3/12/2014

St Patricks Day - DaJaVu

OK, folks, I hope this will be the last of St. Pat's. Think I've got enough made for those Irish folks who enjoy a little Blarney round this time of year.


- Hat was from a bargain bin at Michael's. Not sure how long ago. Copic colored, WoS* on the tall part of the hat, black hat band, sprigs of shamrocks.

- Classic Square S/B

- S/B Gold Squares one. This just embosses, does not cut. Sometimes I get these mixed up and try to cut with them. Then I get aggravated when it just embosses! They are pretty though.

- Snippet strips from other cards. Green was embossed with the C/B dots EF.

- lace from stash. Thought about coloring the flowers green. Decided not to!

- Cardz TV Irish set sentiment. Colorbox fluid chalk ink stamped & then embossed with Clear EP. Punched with SU oval, then covered with a snippet of vellum. After adhering with some vellum transparent glue, edged the set with the same ink used to stamp.

- glitter shamrock snippet from Impression Obsession die.

- S/B Curved Bracket for the edging. Did another piece to trim inside since the card front is a bit short. Glued the strip section to the card front after diecutting the piece. It was a bit 'short', so decided to leave the white edge so that the stitching lines would show. It doesn't so much in the green paper.
Added the bottom section but first aligned the pieces with the bracket, so I could get a good join & match up the bracket lines. That was a little tricky - for me anyway! If I had planned ahead, all would have been on the card base, and just one cut necessary. Live & learn.

As previously said, I hope I don't remember somebody that I've left off my Irish card list. I'm ready to do Spring & Easter cards! Ya'll have a wonderful afternoon, and as always, loved to have you visit. Hugs.
*Going to try to add a Page to this blog toadd some of the abbreviations I use so if my reader is not familiar with the initials, there will be a glossary to look it up. Some of the delightful bloggers I visit, have come up with some jim-dandy terminologies. I guess it would be 'blog txting'?

19 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a glossary. So often I see abbreviations and don't know what they are. Often I can suss it out but sometimes I'm left clueless. I thought about doing it like authors do it. The first time they say Wink of Stella WOS they write it like that so the next time they can just say WOS. That works for one post but what about the next day's post? What if someone didn't see was WOS was? So hard to determine. Usually I just write it out so everyone knows.

    Your card is lovely. I love all the greens and different patterns you have been using. You put them together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, another fantastic St. Paddy's Day card! Love that little hat and don't know why I can't find cute images like that in the dollar bin! Great way to use the lace and flowers too. Outstanding card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Irish card, Mary. I do love those stitched lines on that curved border...they add so much. Pretty lace, too.
    Well, I guess I'm not making my hubby an Irish card....just not in the mood and don't have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Mary love that lace its all so pretty! lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Mary!! The hat is awesome!! The papers are perfect!! I just love the curved edge!! I have trouble with the Spellbinders that just emboss, too, so you aren't alone ;) I have only made one St. Patty's Day project...I need to get on it or it will be here before I realize it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Mary. Love the little green topper, and that lace is so pretty. Great layering on the backgrounds and the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your St. Patrick's Day cards have all been great, Mary! I also loved the card you got from Candee!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a mighty spiffy St Paddy's card today with that great green top hat! Again, I just love those sparkly shamrocks that make me smile! I think that's a great idea to make a tab just for "Blog-a-nitions" or "blog-cro-nyms!" We have our own special language in the craft world don't we? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Started to comment and my computer shut down. Hmm! Like your card. That elfish top hat is a blarney special. The shamrocks are the best but I could use a four leafed one about now. Just in case mind you. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card Mary that hat is so cute all colored up for St Patty's Day. I'm with you so ready for spring and spring cards and easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. blog texting? is that anything like blexting? mary, your irish card is darling! love all the details - but my favorite parts are the "sketch" with the shaped side. those papers look great and it is a beautiful background. Very VERY pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this card is fabulous Momma Mary! I love that edge on this card and I can see the stitching on the green paper. I love the hat, so cute and whimsical and you have it colored so perfectly. Wish I seen it before I colored my Irish guy. lol Cause I know what mistakes I made coloring my hat now. The papers you used are so pretty, I love, love that lace and I'm glad you didn't color the flowers on it. I didn't know that SB's had dies that didn't cut and only embossed, I am behind on the times. lol Yep I love this card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that hat and the pretty lace! Another fantastic St. Paddy's Day card! Great idea to have a glossary page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another cute card Mary and the bracket shape goes beautifully. All the patterned papers in the various green tones match perfectly, and love that bit of lace. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card with lots of greens to show us Spring is upon us :) The lace is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, Your cards always give me so much inspiration....stop by my blog I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Crafty Hugs
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card love the hat, thanks for visiting my blog and your comments on my greyhound, his an ex racer rescued from Ireland so he was not put down. As you say they make great pets, his our third one, and my mum has his girlfriend a brindle lurcher, am following you blog I think, but had problems getting it to accept

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love that hat, Mary!!! So much lovely detail to appreciate on this card!! Very pretty!!
    Greetings from Africa and have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you enjoy using simplified letters to represent words and or product -- I never know what they mean but you do and that's what is important.
    Great card Mary!! And luck of the Irish to you too kid!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete