Followers

3/09/2014

Friends' Cards

Hi Ya, Wanted to pop back in to share a very special St. Patrick's Day card that arrived yesterday afternoon from a good friend (Miss Brenda L.) . Brenda & I have never met 'face-to-face', but she is one of the wonderful bloggers I met early on with this blog business, and we feel like we really know each other. I think she must have been my child - maybe in another life! We're of different generations & backgrounds, but we seem to have so much in common - aside from this card hobby. Anyway, please share with me in enjoying this wonderful card.


Brenda's a whiz with the Cricut, so don't know if many of the elements were made with the Cricut or some other way. Love the colors, the shaped edge, pretty doily...well you get the idea. We both liked the card. So thanks Brenda! Nothing makes one feel so happy as a handmade card done just for you.

Ya'll enjoy what's left of the evening. Hope all you USA folks got your clocks set properly. I wish we'd just go to DST and leave it alone!! Hugs.

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Brenda did a fabulous job!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way Brenda did the edges on this card!! In fact, love the entire card. Fantastic!

    I'm with you on the time change. By the time I get used to it, it's time to change back once again.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is wonderful!
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Brenda made, and how nice of her to send it to you Mary. Our clocks go forward at the end of this month. It seems to make the days so much lighter and brighter, and it means on days when we are busy with other things at least we can do something outdoors in the evening instead. I agree with you that it would be nice to have it stay that way and not go back in October though. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG Brenda! This is one Irish beauty for sure! I love those curvy edges, and all the shamrocks in the jar! Lucky you to receive this one Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card from your friend. I love the curved borders. Oh, I am so thrilled the time finally changed. I love it and don't want to change back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Brenda made for you! Knowing that some one thinks of us is always a special thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda's card is beautiful, I really love the shape of it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card to receive. The shamrocks look lovely in the jar x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Mary, I like the sweet jar image,the colours and the doily.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really gorgeous Mary and a fab design. Have a great day huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! Love the shape

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card from your friend, Mary!! So nice to make such great friends in Blogland, hey!!!
    Have a super day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brenda set you up really well! This is a beautiful St. Patrick's day card! Wish they'd leave the time one way or another too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cool card :) She did a wonderfully with it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, thanks Momma Mary. I'm glad you enjoyed the card, as you were the inspiration for that curved edge. I wish they would live the time alone too. lol Although the time changes never have really bothered me like it does some people. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. her card is lovely, Mary, and I can see why she is so special to you. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could use a jar full of four leaf clovers sprinkled with a leprechaun or two!! You are jolly on the spot with your delightful cards Mary!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet Mary !!! I love this , it is such a sweet way to show how we value each other !!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, what a lovely card, great shape and colouring Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nifty card! I love the wavy edge.

    ReplyDelete