Followers

6/23/2012

Anniversary

Hi Bloggers. I've had a wonderful day at a Flower Soft class at Scrapbook Creations, Spartanburg, SC. Great teacher, Debbie Thomson. http://www.scrapbkcreations.com) . Our 49th wedding anniversary is coming up, and here is the card I've made for Mr. DH. He likes old cars, and this is a stamp he picked out several years ago, so I thought I'd use it for his card. It's by Art Impressions, G333, colored with Copics. The image was diecut with a spellbinder label, sponged while in the die, then matted with a dark blue scrap that just happened to be within reach. I didn't want to go to the next size up die, so I traced the outline of the die and handcut to give me just a slip of matting. Then I edged the blue mat with a gold Krylon pen. The wainscot background was from a Gina K technique,  seen here (http://stamptv.ning.com/video/wainscot-background). I used the Scor Buddy to get the raised lines, then used a Distress Ink pad- probably Vintage Photo (this was a snippet too, made a few weeks back). Did direct to paper in one direction, then turned and swiped the pad down the opposite, going top-to-bottom each time. Turned the bkground sideways, instead of top-bottom. The borders are diecut with Memory Box Tessatina Border, in the same blue as the mat. Sentiment was computer generated, diecut with Spellbinder Standard Tag. I had used white cardstock, which was way too white for this card, so I used the Judikins brushes (like little old fashioned shaving brushes) to distress the tag with Distress Ink Pumice Stone, then Vintage Photo. Edged again with gold Krylon pen, put 3 blue rhinestones on. I'm thinking I should have colored these rhinestones with some copics to better match the car colors, but alas, they were glued down when I noticed that the color could be a little more 'turquoise'. Didn't want to destroy what I had already done, so leaving it alone!!! DH will like it...and he won't notice the color discrepancy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card there Mary. That car is wonderful and congratulations to you both for your Anniversary!
    I wanted to also say Thanks for becoming my latest follower!
    Hugs
    Hettie

    ReplyDelete