Followers

2/10/2016

Great Impressions Puppy Valentine

Hi, and I know you must be getting awfully tired of seeing Valentines, but hey, tis the season and all that! Also I've had some inquiries about the products used in making the paste backgrounds I've shared recently, so gathered the last session's supplies together to share a photo. Especially with the glass beads paste. Here is what I used for the last play session - so I hope this helps anyone who had a question. Sorry I didn't share these initially, but sometimes I get in a hurry (sometimes????HA!)

Have tried to place items so that you can see the product names and most of this stuff can be found in the arts section of many craft stores. The Lindy's products came from Joggles . The Starburst spray comes as a dry powder, you heat demineralized water, mix the product to a liquid. There's some videos at Joggles showing how to use these sprays, also directions for the mixing. The Magicals I'd had for a while, didn't remember how to use them...happened to see a video over Christmas where a blogger had used them on a technique!

Now, 3 cards done with the same image, an old one that DH bought when we first started this stamping hobby. Of course he bought it with DD in mind, and he made her a card that year. Sadly, he's lost interest in making his own cards (but he has plenty of suggestions for ME to make a card at times! LOL)




Great Impressions wooden stamp, colored with copics, die cut with a Sue Wilson die using a center die that fit the image (don't remember which SW die it was). Heart brads from long ago, Glossy Accents applied for some shine.

A S/B Labels 40 die from a red snippet for the mat. Decided to use a dauber, add Versamark around the edges, sprinkled Ranger Queens' Gold around this. Added a little touch of glitz.

- Snippets from different 6x6 Valentine theme paper packs, and a Recollections pack bought on a 50% sale. Bits & bobs. The cupid on #3 is part of the paper design, added glossy accents to it.

- PBlack Sweet Heart (51-184) dies cut the heart arrows. Some thin gold washi added, and when these were going into the envelopes, that washi started to lift. Burnished it back down again, and hope it holds until the card is opened. I just don't have great success with this stuff. Again it was something on sale, and I wonder how old it was...maybe the 'sticky' dries out???Ah well, another cardmaking adventure. One more V. card to make for DH. I have an image colored but it's an Elly and  not sure he will go for cute! We'll see. I can _give_ him the card, so no rush to get in the mail. My BAD! 

Hugs & thanks for popping in. If you're wondering how I've managed to post so much this week, it's called: taking stuff to color when you go away, getting the cards made up, and doing scheduled posts!! I'm not usually so organized, folks!!! LOL & Hugs.

Note: the links I try to add, are not always where I bought the product. I try to find a picture so you can see what the product looks like!

40 comments:

  1. Mary I love all your cards. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to come to your Valentine party Mary!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i get a chance I have to look some of this up. Thanks for sharing. I love your cute cards. It just shows what one can do with one image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same image, same die cut frame, similar colors and yet so different looks! I find this kind of post very inspirational, always nice to see we don't always need new images or supplies to create something different, all we need is our imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three super versions of this fabulous Valentine image Mary, great cards.
    Thanks for the photos of your mixed media goodies, I can see which one you used now on your previous card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the photo of the product list. Your last background made with them was really striking!! I'm not surprised that many crafters have asked you for the recipe of your paste backgrounds!
    Very pretty cards with this cute big dog and your snippets! Great way to use them! I'm not be able to make a kit of cards similar but different.
    Love expecially the first one, so vibrant with the red dp and the big heart!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another sweet puppy-stamp! Great cards all! Hope you had some subshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting to see the products you use Mary. They don't look familiar to me. I think you have a lot available that we don't see in the UK.

    Your three cards are really pretty. He's such a cut little pup. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at your products again I think they may be available at art shops rather than craft shops here. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the cards are splendid, love the image and they are all a great design.
    By the way a new series of Happy Valley starts tonight over here.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant cards Mary, love them all.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three are adorable Mary! And each is so different! I could not possibly pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're all totally adorable! You really have been busy with Valentine's Day cards. Can't think of a cuter image to use too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a darling image and it was nice to hear that Hubby did at least made cards at one time. My Hubby just like to buy crafting things, but won't make anything. My Gain I guess. All three cards are just great. Enjoy the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cards Mary, love them all..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so absolutely adorable, Mary!! I love the sweet puppy!! He's so cute!! I love the designs of each one!! Perfect for Valentine's Day!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those V-Day cards are awesome Mary. Adorable image, and I love the mix of different backgrounds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, you have been rather busy!! But this is awesome, and thanks for sharing all your lovely "loot"! I'm so glad to see you having fun trying all these different mediums Mary! The results are awesome! Keep them coming... and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all so cute with that adorable image and fun sentiment! You just can't miss with a cute little dog on your Valentine card :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an adorable collection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not tired of your Valentines, Mary! They have all been superb this year! I love that this image was from Joe and that he used to make cards, too! You've done an awesome job showing three different creations with it!! Happy VD weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. A trio of such sweet VD cards, Mary!!! Lovely bgs and die cut frames to have your doggy really shine!!! So cute!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that image Mary, and the way you have managed to make each card just that wee bit individual
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been busy Mary and despite using the same images and dies you have achieved three totally different looks. And your collection of mediums has reminded me I have a pot of the bead gel, had it for a class ages ago and it's not seen the light of day since, so thanks for the nudge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary, I love all the cards.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards! xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  27. hello Mary, all your cards are fabulous, great images and brilliant designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Three beautiful Valentines Mary and the dog is so cute and a great mix of papers too. Didn't realise your DH used to make cards too. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This dog is as adorable as the one before! It's amazing how changing the papers can make the images look so different! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so busy making cute Valentines and writing. You have more time and patience than I do kid!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. These cards are adorable Momma Mary! I love that cute doggie, you have colored him up so cute. The papers you used are fabulous as well. Hummm, I want to look for some of that glass bead gel. That looks like fun to use! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not tired of VD cards yet! This is a sweet trio of cards, so much to ogle and love on each of them. How cool that your DH used to make cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am not tired of seeing them either, it is always lovely to see how someone takes one stamp and makes three different (and beautiful) cards! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. All great cards love the cute image and selection of papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Simply fabulous collection of sweet Valentine's Day cards...love that sweet little puppy. Wow...thanks for sharing your recipe for a technique I have been wanting to learn how to make. I will have to come back to this post once the weekend arrives. I may need to email you with a few questions if you don't mind. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Isn't it wonderful when the same image can produce such different and wonderful cards. Clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So sweet and fun, Mary ... that little puppy is adorable on every card! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. All of them sweet Hope you have a wonderful Valentine Day .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow...you have been on a card making extravaganza. They are all great cards with the most adorable puppy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete