Followers

2/06/2016

O'Leary for St. Patrick

HiYa, and welcome. Yay for the weekend. Back with another St. Pat's card, with a fun little bear, who was easy to color.


Whipper Snapper O'Leary Cling (CY781), copic coloring. Die cut with S/B Labels 4. Mat is a Darice die. Since I don't have any of the gilding wax I see used so beautifully, I used some paste wax that comes in a small tube. We used to use it for crafts years ago & it has sort of a petroleum smell to it. As I was rubbing it on the paper, I realized this is best used in a more ventilated space. It does have an odor at first use, but it's not evident on the paper. Quite oily feeling to it as well. The places I've found the gilding wax have had expensive shipping (even from Amazon - a 3rd party shipper - so expensive). Joanna Sheen has free shipping but didn't have the colors I wish for. I did like the gold leafing look on this one though.

- Background papers VOS from stash, bottom cutout with a S/B Mary die (image that?!). Didn't realize at first that it was an inlay die. Then decided to use the same matting green to back it, but decided to recut this piece, and try to 'shadow' with the darker green. Then THIS needed a backing, so hunt for something gold.

Found the first background created with the Lindy's Magical play day, which started with a gold powder. This didn't yield the really gold look I wanted, but I like it as a backing, and it looks quite nice IRL. As I was cutting the piece to fit, thought it would look very faux leather, if embossed. Hmmm, what do you think? This was made with the translucent paste, Lindy's Magical, a bit of water spritz, mix & spread over watercolor paper. Probably added a spritz of gold spray after drying a while. It wasn't really a pretty 'gold' look, but I'm liking the results. Also doubt I could replicate it too! LOL.



MBox tiny shamrocks on the SU punched out sentiment. This was stamped with Delicata Gold ink, heat embossed with Ranger Clear fine Detail powder for more shine. Done!

Thanks for the visit. By the way, I try very hard to return visits to all who come here. With Blogger's current mischief, even when I hit publish, I'm not always certain my return comment gets published. So if I miss visiting you, when you've popped in, please let me know. I'll blame Blogger! Hugs

31 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, love the bear and the beautiful die cut behind him.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - love all the gold highlights. You have commented on my cards this week, so Blogger must have behaved at some point!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job of colouring the bear, looks brilliant, great dies and a lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute bear Mary, love his hat and handful of shamrock. Your die cuts are amazing and look fabulous framing the little guy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling, cheery St Pats card Mary. I think the background is fabulous and like all the dies and various shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your St. Pats card, it really made me smile! I love the beautiful gold coloured background you created and I would definitely try embossing is just to see how it turns out! It is certainly worth trying to replicate it too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love to read how you make your cards and these two are no exception. All those mediums sound enticing. I look at all the you tube videos and think I should have a go at that and then something else catches my eye. I love your colouring of the image on the first card. We have gales and lashings of rain here at the moment. Roll on Spring. I can't wait. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Mary, I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layering, Mary! You have done a fab work with your paste wax! The cute bear looks great on the green layer and the gold background you made is so beautiful! Love expecially the green layer, so moving and decorative wit the partial diecuts!
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You say, "easy to color" and I say I would be ecstatic if me coloring and shading were that gorgeous! It's a darling bear, Mary, and delightful SPD card! Pretty background on the bottom, too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another cute image for this pretty St Pat's card Mary and the dies are really lovely and you seem to have so many beautiful ones. I love that cut out with the gold behind too and the gold wax in the tube has worked fantastically to give a really gorgeous sheen. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely inky background Mary and can see you had fun with this one and a real sweeties of an beat image so prettily set in those intricate dies.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card - love that image, and your 'gilded' stenil/die cut is wonderful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary, Loving the card.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little fella he is and you have really let him shine with the great way you have framed him!!!! Love the gold with all the cheerful greens!!! A very cute St P D card, my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Mary. Green is my favourite colour. What a cutie he is and I love the background die. It looks lovely with the gilding highlights. I think that background would look lovely embossed. You have a very rich colour there. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A sweet card! But with that background it could have turned a totally different style aswell...it is good to see it different here. Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your coloring on the little bear - what a perfect image for St. Patty's Day! The gold background is stunning Mary on it's own, but it works great on your card too. Love the dies and the border. Lots of dimension of this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe you are making St. Patrick's Day cards -- I really thought I was going to see a Christmas Card for the CCC but no -- what I see is a cute little bear holding four leaf clovers. How bout a green bear with a green beer!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous image to use for this St Pat's card. love your design and the wax you have used on the embossing. This will be well received I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute pa-tootie this little fellow is! Cute image and a beautiful card Mary. Love all the dies you used for this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great background piece, Mary! It's impossible to get 2 alike but that's the beauty of them. They're one of a kind! What a sweet bear and I love the tiny shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That background die cutted (that is not a word is it _) ayway it is great .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, loving this card Momma Mary! The bear is just too cute and I love the way he is colored. He looks so cute cut out in that shape with the shading and then placed on that ornate SB's shape with the gold. Looks fabulous! I really love the cut out on the base card with the gold looking paper you had made, it really makes the cut out pop. Such a cute one Momma Mary! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my...Mary this is just as sweet as can be! I love your wee St. Patty's bear and that fabulous background, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so cute and sweet! I love it! xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like how the gold pulls out the contours of the embossed parts. I don't make st Patrick cards myself, but they're fun to see...

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is darling Mary, just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very lovely! It seems like you went through a lot of work to get to the end results. It was worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great St Pat's card. I like that bear - too cute, but that die cut with all the texture is wonderful. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute little bear, Mary ... and such great layer-y texture! Having the same issue with blogger ... hope you get this!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete