Followers

11/09/2013

Turning over a New Leaf

Hi & welcome on what has become a rather gloomy afternoon here at our house. The day started off very pretty & sunny, but now is looking as though it could rain at any moment. (None has been predicted however). DH is out raking up some leaves that he blew into a pile yesterday afternoon. My suggestion was to just run the mower over the leaves, let them mulch into the yard. He must be really bored, cause neither of us likes raking leaves. Somebody in the neighborhood is burning, so - HA HA - I can't go outside to help!!! Bad me.

The image on the card today has been colored for a while, and I got round to matting it for a card last night.


- Stampability House Mouse - Turning Over a New Leaf - colored with copics, edged with DI Stormy Sky, then again with Faded Jeans. The distressing looks much darker IRL. Die cut with S/B Label 11, then faux mat from a Dylusions piece that was handy. I liked the reddish tones of the mat against the blue distressing. I am never happy with my coloring on the HMice if I use the brown tones. I seem to do much better if I stay with the grays - not sure why this is so. I did like the way the leaves in the image turned out.

- Cream colored card base embossed with Crafts Two EF (Leaves). I rubbed Memento Peanut Truffle ink pad over the folder prior to embossing, and I like the effect this color created.

- Copper leaf was made with the mini torch technique using thin copper sheet (as done so beautifully in this card), and the die is a Memory Box leaf. This piece is an offcut of the die. Beneath the copper are 2 silk leaves from VOS (very old stuff) that I found hiding in a storage box.

- Sentiment from a clear set, which I separated in order to just stamp the Thankful, (Memento Rhubarb). Used oval hand punch, then edged with the DI Faded Jeans. Too white against the creamy card base, so used DI Tea Dye to smudge up the white.

That's it! Hope you like it.

Yesterday I worked on house chores, so feel good about getting some of those aggravating things accomplished. Today was cleaning bed linens, other catchups. Now I'm off to visit some nice bloggers who have left comments for me, and I want to see what they've been up to. And my plan for the rest of the day (if I don't succumb to the recliner..which is a tendency when our days are a bit gray)..well, I'm going down to the messy stamp area. Maybe I can put away a few things and hope I can find some missing items when I start to clear away.

Enjoy your afternoon, Big Hugs from me. As always, thanks so much for your visit this afternoon.

18 comments:

  1. Mary I think you did a great job on the brown mouse. I love the embossing in the background also. A darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, gorgeous card, love the colours - l also find gray works better with HM, l think it is because the stamps are quite heavily marked and gray is easier to shade.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful background and your mouse image is so cute. Is your hubby out there throwing leaves like this mouse or raking? You better check. LOL Love your copper leaf and the silk ones, too. Just a super Fall card.

    I'm about to leave for the ballgame. The weather here was supposed to be sunny with a few clouds but I have hardly seen any sun. But, thankfully, no rain expected at the game or here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image (I have this one and not used it in an age - will have to dig it out). Beautiful colouring, and I particularly like the embellishments. Our front path is ankle deep in leaves at the moment - waiting for the last few to fall off the tree - that's my excuse anyway!! Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, such a cute image and fabulous colouring.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Mary. I do like the House mouse stamps and the decoupage too. Like you I felt guilty for leaving some chores unattended for a few days, but I never had the energy to do them. Much better today though. Enjoy your Weekend. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you did the rubbing of the ink over the embossed background. I'll have to try that.
    CUTE image and I'm with you on raking......uck! We do run the mower over them for mulch - much easier and faster too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a CA-UTE card!! I love all the House Mouse images, and this one is perfect, considering your hubby's outside doing the very same thing :) Well, he probably isn't smiling or having fun, but he's "playing" in the leaves anyway :) I love the copper accent, and your mouse looks cute in any color fur :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...how I love house mouse images...and this one is no exception!

    Love the metallic looking leaf and that wonderful embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable and reminds me that I think I bought a similar House Mouse stamp from Hobby Lobby a while back. I need to dig that out! I'll remember to stay with the grays. I've been most satisfied using watercolor or Prismacolor pencils with the little mice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The house Mouse images are so cute. Your card reminds me that I have some decoupage sheets which I won in a challenge so I really must find them out and use them. Really great card. Leaf collection is a never-ending chore! Yuk! love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Mary.... I like those mouse stamps... think they are so cute.... I love those leaves too!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card Momma Mary! I love House Mouse stamps even though I don't own any. lol I think you have colored him so cute and your leaves looks so real. Love the embossed background as well as the copper leaf! As always your cards are spectacular! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really is one of the cutest House Mouse images ever! Your colouring is superb Mary, love the blue tint around the edges and the wonderful embossed background. Absolutely beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you and House Mouse images make a perfect pair. Your card is adorable May!!! And I must add beautifully done!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this House Mouse image. you've coloured it beautifully, and the EF goes really well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw how cute are these little meece, well done! Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable, Mary! You did a great job of matting that fun and colorful image and I love your copper embelie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete